The Season of Mythical Wishes is the ninth season of the Pokémon Go game and will conclude with Pokémon Go Tour: Hoenn.
This season also experiments with how Research Advances work, introduces a new Pokémon Go feature, and focuses on Pokémon Gen 3 as we move into the third Go Tour event.
Like previous seasons, the Season of Mythic Wishes sees changes to egg tables, seasonal spawns, and which Pokémon appear in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
In this page:
Season 9: Mythical Wishes is here!
Pokémon Go Season of Mythical Wishes End Date: When will Season of Mythical Wishes end?
The Season of Mythical Wishes has a start time of Thursday, December 1 at 10 am (local time) and an end date of Wednesday, March 1 at 10 am (local time).
Go Battle League Season 13 will run during this period and, as usual, will contain all three leagues and a selection of special cups.
Season of Mythical Wishes Bonuses in Pokémon Go
There are five bonuses that run throughout the Season of Mythic Wishes in Pokémon Go, such as Pokémon participating in Remote Raids once again having increased damage. There are also two candy-based bonuses: all players receive an additional candy per trade and anyone level 31 or higher earns a guaranteed XL candy for each candy.
According to the season, there are also two gift bonuses, and everyone can open 40 gifts and send 125 gifts every day.
Two bonuses (Guaranteed PokéStops Gifts and Incense are more effective when walking) are now also permanently in effect.
The Season of Mythical Wishes marks the first time that multiple Pokémon will be available by completing a research breakthrough!
From Thursday, December 1 to Wednesday, March 1, you will have the chance to encounter a Mr. Mime, Delibird, Bagon, Deino, Furfrou, or Goomy from Galar from a full research trailer. Galarian Mr. Mime’s shiny form will also be released to celebrate this change, meaning you can also add a shiny Mr. Rime to your collection.
Season of Mythical Wishes Roadmap in Pokémon Go
Below you’ll find everything we currently know about the roadmap for Season of Mythic Wishes in Pokémon Go:
Research tasks will also be a special highlight for three of the events taking place during the Season of Mythic Wishes. These events will allow you to select a bonus from three different timed research tasks, which will then be added to the event’s existing bonuses.
The first event to use this feature will be Winter Break Part 2, which will run from Friday, December 23rd to Saturday, December 31st. During this event, you will be able to choose one of three bonuses: double capture XP, double capture Stardust, or halve the hatching distance of any eggs added to an incubator during the event.
Remember: you can only have one additional bonus, so choose wisely!
Go Battle League Season 13 will also take place during the Season of Mythic Wishes.
However, the first event that will take place during the Season of Mythic Wishes is Hoenn Mega Raid Day, which will take place on Saturday, December 3 between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. (local time). This event marks the release of Mega Sceptile, Mega Blaziken, and Mega Swampert, so if you want to add these Pokémon to your Mega Dex, be sure to take part in some Mega Raids!
Below you will find the complete schedule of events for December:
- Heading to Hoenn Mega Raid Day: Saturday, December 3 (2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time)
- Mythic Blade: from Tuesday, December 6 to Sunday, December 11
- Elite Raids: Saturday, December 10 (11:00, 14:00 and 17:00 local time)
- Something Extraordinary: Keldeo Special Investigation – Saturday December 10 to Sunday December 11
- Winter Break, Part 1: Thursday, December 15 to Friday, December 23
- December Community Day: Saturday, December 17 to Sunday, December 18
- Winter holidays, part 2: from Friday, December 23 to Saturday, December 31
- Winter Wonderland: Saturday, December 24 to Sunday, December 25
- Hisuain Avalugg Raid Day: Saturday, December 24 (2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time)
While we don’t know much about the events that will occur after December, we do know that both Lunar New Year and Valentine’s Day will return.
What the Season of Mythic Wishes is heading towards, however, is Pokémon Go Tour: Hoenn.
The global event will take place on Saturday, February 25 and Sunday, February 26, with a live event in Las Vegas the week before, on Saturday, February 18 and Sunday, February 19.
During Go Tour: Hoenn, each player will have the opportunity to choose a side (Ruby or Sapphire) that reflects the original titles in which the region first appeared. Meanwhile, ticket holders will be able to unlock a new Masterpiece Research quest to guide them. to a brilliant Jirachi. Best of all, however, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre will be making their first appearances in Pokémon Go.
We will learn more about Go Tour: Hoenn during January and February 2023!
A new feature is also coming to Pokémon Go during the Season of Mythical Wishes in the form of Pokémon XXS and XXL. These are two new sizes of Pokémon, and if you catch a Pokémon that is one of these two sizes, you can show it off as your Pokémon friend.
As for raids, we can expect to see the following legendary Pokémon in five-star raids during December:
- Virizon: from Thursday, December 1 to Thursday, December 8
- Terrakion – Thursday, December 8 to Thursday, December 15
- Cobalion – Thursday, December 15 to Friday, December 23
- Kyurem: from Friday, December 23 to Sunday, January 1
Meanwhile, we will see the following Mega Evolutions in Mega Raids:
- Mega Abomasnow: from Thursday, December 1 to Thursday, December 8
- Mega Aggron: Thursday, December 8 to Thursday, December 15
- Mega Glalie: from Thursday, December 15 to Sunday, January 1
We’ll have to wait until the end of December to find out which Pokémon will be taking over the kingdom in both five stars and mega raids during January!
Finally, the Season of Mythic Wishes will see a new collection of themed stickers available in the in-game store and at spinning PokéStops.
The Season of Adventure Abundance is here! Its first event is A Paldean Adventure, which sees the true launch of Gen 9 and the special research mission A Paldean Adventure. You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball mission and compete in Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for a chance to encounter Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres. This incense can also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Pokémon in the Season of Mythical Wishes hemisphere, seasonal and biome generation changes
The Season of Mythical Wishes brings changes to Pokémon that appear in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere, including creatures that appear in Pokémon Go biomes:
|LedybaTreeckoTorchicMudkipSunny Form CastformStarlyGible
|VenonatVictreebelScytherTrash Cloak BurmyCotoneeFormantisMorelull
|Beaches and water
There will also be a number of changes to the egg pools, but it’s worth noting that the lists below do not show the full list of Pokémon that appear in each egg pool during the Season of Mythic Wishes:
|5K Adventure Sync
|10K Adventure Sync
What are seasons in Pokémon Go?
Originally introduced in December 2022, Seasons are in-game periods (three months long) that tie various events into a theme and add a selection of new features and quality of life changes to Pokémon Go.
- Changes to the way Pokémon appear from season to season, which may cause some creatures to appear more regularly or become rarer in the wild for limited periods of time.
- Changes to egg pools and raids.
- Spawning specific to the northern and southern hemispheres, coinciding with real-world seasons.
- Highlights specific Mega Evolutions, giving them a power boost throughout the season.
- Changes to Deerling forms.
- A new season of Go Battle League, which will have the same duration as those seasons.
- XP boosts by completing specific activities, like five-star raids, for example.
- Introduce other general improvements in the quality of life.
- A variety of events in the game.
- New Pokémon.
If you’d like to learn more about past seasons of Pokémon Go, visit our pages on Season of Celebration, Season of Legends, Season of Discovery, Season of Mischief, Season of Inheritance, Season of Alola, Season from Go and the Season of Light. .
I hope you enjoy Mythical Wishing Season!
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings