Yesterday’s IPL Match: The 16th edition of the Indian Premier League started on March 31, 2023 and will conclude on May 28. Fans have been eagerly waiting for the return of the IPL and this season has surpassed all expectations so far. And we’re not even halfway through the tournament. Epic chases, last ball thrillers and incredible comebacks, you name it, Tata IPL 2023 has it all!
Yesterday’s IPL match between Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) and Delhi Capitals (DC) was probably quiet compared to other games we have witnessed in the last month. But it was an entertaining technical match. SRH and DC competed in the much-awaited Match 34 of IPL 2023 on April 24. SRH and DC played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad, offering an exciting game with many ups and downs. Although both teams played brilliantly, DC beat SRH by 7 runs.
Related: IPL 2023 Points Table
Who won yesterday’s IPL match? SRH result against DC
- Delhi Capitals won the toss and captain David Warner elected to bat first.
- DC posted an average total of 144 runs on the scoreboard, with a loss of 9 wickets in 20 overs.
- SRH got off to a slow start but maintained a good pace without losing any wickets. However, DC’s bowlers turned the tide in the middle overs, dismissing SRH’s top order in successive overs.
- SRH got a second wind with the partnership of Heinrich Klaasen and Washington Sundar, but it was too late.
- DC’s Kuldeep Yadav and Axar Patel bowled remarkably well in the middle games, not allowing SRH to gain any momentum.
- Mukesh Kumar bowled the final over and conceded just 5 runs when 12 were needed for SRH to win.
- DC won by 7 runs.
Batting first: DC – 144/9 (20 overs)
Persecution: SRH – 137/6 (20 overs)
Related: Schedule, teams, players, matches, venues, schedules and results of IPL 2023
Who took the most wickets in yesterday’s IPL match 34, SRH vs DC?
SRH’s Washington Sundar took the most wickets in yesterday’s IPL match. Singh recorded an impressive haul of 3 wickets in 4 overs and conceded just 28 runs.
Also Check: IPL Purple Cap Winners (2008-2023)
Which batsmen scored the most runs in the SRH vs DC match?
SRH’s Cameron Green scored the most runs in yesterday’s IPL match. The Australian batsman recorded an important innings of 67 runs off 43 balls.
Also Read: IPL Orange Cap Winners (2008-2023)
Who hit the most sixes in yesterday’s IPL match?
DC’s David Warner, Sarfaraz Khan and Heinrich Klaasen of SRH hit the most sixes (1 each) in yesterday’s IPL clash between SRH and DC.
Related: Most sixes in IPL (2008-2023)
Who was the man of the match for match 34 of IPL 2023 yesterday?
The Man of the Match award for yesterday’s thrilling thriller between SRH and DC went to Axar Patel (DC) who made 34 runs and bowled an impressive 2/21. Other match prizes are as follows:
- Electric Striker of the Match: Mitchell Marsh (DC)
- Match Capture: Kuldeep Yadav (DC)
- Beyond the Longest Limits 6: David Warner (DC) – 88 meters
- 4 on the move: Mayank Agarwal (SRH) – 7 fours
- Party’s Most Valuable Asset: Washington Sundar (SRH)
- The decisive factor of the match: Washington Sundar (SRH)
Check out related IPL statistics, records and updates below.