PBKS 2023 Owner: Check here all the information about the latest owner of Punjab Kings in IPL 2023: Name, Age, Net Worth and Background.
Punjab Kings PBKS owners in IPL 2023
PBKS 2023 Owner: The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a popular cricket tournament that is one of the most watched and profitable sports leagues in the world. Millions of viewers tune in to the IPL every year. IPL is a T20 cricket championship, so the games are short, intense and exciting. This is the main attraction of IPL, but another important reason why it is so appreciated is the large number of teams.
Ten teams participate in IPL and represent various cities or states of India. The Punjab Kings are a notable IPL franchise that has been a part of the tournament since 2008. PBKS was the runner-up team in 2014 and has a devoted fan base, especially in the state of Punjab. But do you know who owns Punjab Kings? Dive in to find out.
Punjab Kings (PBKS) Owner 2023
- Punjab Kings is a famous Indian Premier League franchise based in Mohali, Punjab and was established in 2008. It is one of the original teams of IPL.
- It was previously called Kings XI Punjab (KXIP), but the name was changed to Punjab Kings in 2021.
- The team is jointly owned by Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, Karan Paul and Mohit Burman.
- Originally in 2008, Burman, Wadia and Zinta bought Kings XI Punjab in the ratio of 2:1:1. Saptarishi Dey of Dey & Dey Group had a minor stake.
- The group acquired Punjab Kings for $76 million.
- As of 2022, Punjab Kings are the ninth most valuable IPL team with an estimated value of $925 million.
Also Read: Majority sixes in IPL (2008-2023)
Who is Preity Zinta, the owner of Punjab Kings?
- Preity Zinta is a Bollywood actress and businesswoman and one of the co-owners of Punjab Kings.
- He was born in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India, on January 31, 1975, into a military family.
- Zinta dabbled in modeling after graduating and soon entered the film industry.
- He won over many fans with his natural charm, comedic timing, and powerful screen presence.
- Throughout her career, Zinta starred in many acclaimed films like Koi Mil Gaya, Veer Zaara, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Lakshya.
- Preity Zinta’s latest net worth is estimated to be $15 million or Rs 118 million.
Related: Most sixes in IPL (2008-2023)
Who is Ness Wadia?
- Ness Nusli Wadia is an Indian businessman from the prominent Wadia family.
- He is the son of Nusli Wadia, chairman of the Wadia Group and owner of Britannia Industries.
- Ness Wadia is Managing Director of Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation.
- He is the co-owner of Punjab Kings and was in a relationship with Preity Zinta from 2005 to 2009.
Related: Highest IPL strike rate
Who is Mohit Burman?
- Mohit Burman is a famous Indian businessman who serves as the chairman of the consumer goods company Dabur Ltd.
- The company employs more than 7,000 people and operates in more than 120 countries. It is known for its traditional and Ayurvedic products.
- Burman also sits on the board of directors of Aviva India, Eveready Industries, Universal Sompo and Burman Hospitality.
- He owns the majority stake in the Punjab Kings IPL franchise.
Read More: Lowest Team Score in IPL (2008 – 2023)
Kings of Punjab in IPL 2023
Punjab Kings are known for their explosive play, but they have only made it to the playoffs twice in IPL history. However, Punjab Kings remain a fan-favorite IPL team and attract huge crowds, especially from North India. Hopefully, the team will do better in the IPL 2023 season. The coach of PBKS in 2023 is Trevor Bayliss, while Shikhar Dhawan is the captain. The Punjab Kings’ home ground is the Punjab Cricket Association’s IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali.
You can check out the complete 2023 Punjab Kings squad below.