Ready for a scare? Here you’ll find everything there is to know about The Haunting in Warzone, including the Scream and Donnie Darko packs.
The Haunting is this year’s Warzone Halloween event.
Released in late October, it will transform the map in various ways across various playlists, infusing some old favorites with a Halloween-themed aesthetic.
Several new challenges will also be offered for both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, rewarding you with blueprints and a new SMG if you complete them all in either game. Here’s everything you need to know about Warzone’s The Haunting release time and the Scream and Donnie Darko packs available.
Currently, as of Warzone Season 4, you can no longer complete this activity. If you’re looking for more help, check out our current page on the best Warzone weapons and the Vanguard Royale meta.
In this page:
The disturbing trailer | Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone
When does the Warzone Halloween event come out? Black Ops – Cold War and Warzone The Haunting explain release time in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT
The start date of Warzone’s The Haunting is Tuesday, October 19 and the update is expected at the following times:
- UK: 6pm (BST)
- Europe and the Middle East: 7:00 p.m. (CEST)
- US East Coast: 1 pm, EDT)
- US West Coast: 10 am (PDT)
These times are based on when the above events are triggered. In terms of downloads, as long as you’ve updated Black Ops Cold War or Warzone in the past week, you should have everything you need to play the event right away. This time no additional downloads are required.
Warzone The Haunting End Date
The Warzone Haunting will take place between Tuesday, October 19 and Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
With the event lasting two weeks, expect new playlists and packs to come in and out of the rotation, so if you’re interested in getting your hands on some, stay tuned for the game while it lasts!
Warzone The Haunting update details explained
Following in the footsteps of Haunting of Verdansk, you can expect activities in both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, including challenge sets with a new SMG and blueprints in play, map changes, and much more. This includes:
- The Haunting Event: Two sets of nine challenges at launch (one for Warzone and one for Black Ops Cold War) with 19 items to earn, including weapon blueprints.
- New Weapon: Completing all nine challenges in any of the games will reward you with the LAPA SMG.
- Ghosts of Verdansk Limited Time Mode – A ‘haunted’ version of Verdansk in Warzone, which continues as a spiritual successor to Zombie Royale, allows you to fight against other players as well as ghostly enemies.
- “Exclusive in this way, manage your Fear level by playing well and staying in Holy Land, so that your Operator does not succumb to darkness,” says an official blurb.
- New Black Ops Cold War Map Theme: Nuketown Halloween
- New limited time modes: Infected, Prop Hunt Halloween and Scream Deathmatch
- New Outbreak Challenge: Halloween
- New Weapon: Hammer and Sickle Melee Weapon (Tuesday, November 2)
- New Halloween-themed store packs, including those based on movie franchises like Scream and Donnie Darko.
Warzone Season 5 is almost here! If you want to know more about the firepower of the above, we explain the best Welgun load, the best Cooper Carbine load, the best Gorenko anti-tank rifle load, the best STG44 load, the best MP40 load, the best automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best combat shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout and best Kar98k loadouts.
Scream and Donnie Dark bundles and skins in Warzone and Black Ops: Cold War explained
Ghostface, known from the iconic Scream horror film series, as well as Frank the Rabbit from the Donnie Darko movie, are now part of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Like Rambo or John McClane, Ghostface is his own operator. Frank the Rabbit, on the other hand, lives like a skin for Baker.
As with those skins, these are not tied to a challenge, but rather a purchasable pack for each, detailed below (pricing is yet to be determined):
Limited Time Scream Operator Pack (Tuesday, October 19)
- New Operator: Ghostface (Scream)
- Three weapon blueprints: Ghost Blade (knife), two other blueprints to be confirmed
- Finishing Move: Violent Ending
- Weapon Charm: Cordless Phone
- Wrist accessory: Scary Hours (watch)
- Animated business card and emblem.
Tracer Pack: Donnie Darko Limited Time Pack (Tuesday, October 24)
- New operator skin for Baker: Frank the Rabbit (Donnie Darko)
- Three weapon blueprints: a sniper rifle, a submachine gun, and an assault rifle (all three to be confirmed)
- Final move: The sky is falling
- Weapon Charm: TBA
- Wrist accessory: TBA
- Animated business card and emblem.
Make the most of your time during the Unrest!