Mega Alakazam is the mega evolution of Alakazam, which was released as part of the Psychic Spectacular 2022 event in Pokémon Go.
Like all Mega Evolutions, Mega Alakazam cannot be caught directly in Pokémon Go. Instead, you must continue defeating it in Mega Raids until you have collected enough Mega Alakazam Energy for its evolution.
Below you will find Mega Alakazam counters and weaknesses that will help you defeat in Pokémon Go; just remember that you need to have an Alakazam in your Pokémon storage to perform its mega evolution.
In this page:
Fighting and evolving against Mega Alakazam in Pokémon Go
Cons and weaknesses of Mega Alakazam in Pokémon Go
If you want to collect energy from Mega Alakazam, you must defeat it in Mega Raids. Below you will find Mega Alakazam’s counterattacks and weaknesses that will help you achieve this:
- Mega Alakazam Type – Psychic Type
- Mega Alakazam is weak against Bug, Dark, and Ghost types.
- Mega Alakazam Counters: Beedrill, Pinsir, and Scizor for insect types. Umbreon, Tyranitar, Honchkrow, Weavile, Darkrai, Hydreigon and Yveltal for dark types. Gengar, Giratina (Origin Forme) and Chandelure for ghost types.
- Other Mega Alakazam Notes: A strong team of Dark and Ghost-type Pokémon will help you defeat Mega Alakazam. A Mewtwo that knows Shadow Ball is also a good choice for this raid.
CP Mega Alakazam in Pokémon Go
Below you will find the CP levels to fight for Mega Alakazam and, if defeated, catch an Alakazam after the fight in Pokémon Go:
- Mega Alakazam Raid CP – 53,995 CP
- CP range to capture Alakazam: 1666 to 1747 CP
- Weather (windy) when caught: 2083 to 2184 CP
The Season of Adventure Abundance is here! Its first event is A Paldean Adventure, which sees the true launch of Gen 9 and the special research mission A Paldean Adventure. You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball mission and compete in Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for a chance to encounter Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres. This incense can also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Mega Alakazam’s move set in Pokémon Go
Mega Alakazam can use a variety of fast and charged moves in Pokémon Go:
- Confusion (psychic)
- Psycho Cut (Psychic)
- Counter (Fight – Community Day Exclusive)
- Fire punch (fire)
- Focus explosion (fight)
- Future vision (psychic)
- Psychic (Psychic – exclusive to the Psychic Spectacular event in 2022)
- Shadow ball (ghost)
Everything we know about Alakazam
Alakazam is a Gen 1 Psychic-type Pokémon that is traditionally only found by trading Kadabra with another player to activate its evolution. Pokémon Legends: Arceus references this evolution method, by having Kadabra evolve after interacting with the Linking Cord item.
The name and appearance of this Pokémon, like the rest of the members of its evolution tree, was clearly inspired by magic and wizards. Alakazam spoons are a reference to spoon dependence, a common trick used by magicians. (Although Uri Geller has not yet sued Nintendo over this Pokémon.)
Alakazam is also part of the traditional incantation used in stage magic: hocus pocus alakazam! This means that when you put together all the names of this species of Pokémon (Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam), they recreate this enchantment.
Good luck defeating Mega Alakazam in Pokémon Go!
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings