There’s a shiny Magmar in Pokémon Go, but there are more reasons than that to participate in this week’s Spotlight.
Below, you’ll learn why you should spend some time capturing Gen 1 Magmar during the one-hour event, including a preview of the shiny Magmar and the chance to find a 100% perfect Magmar IV.
The world of Pokémon Go is pretty quiet today as we wait for the 2021 Holiday event to begin on Thursday, December 16, but you can participate in Ultra League, Ultra League Remix, and continue working on the Stardust challenge, the first monthly challenge for the Season of the Heritage.
In this page:
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings
Watch Guzzlord, one of the Ultra Beasts, fight in Pokémon GoWatch on YouTube
Explanation of Magmar’s 100% perfect IV in Pokémon Go
This week’s Featured Hour is the perfect opportunity to hunt down a Magmar with perfect IV stats.
You can evolve a Magmar with 100% stats to Magmortar (by using a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Magmar Sweets). You’ll be left with a powerful Fire-type, which is perfect for the Go Battle League and for battling raid Pokémon that are weak to Fire-types.
The CP values that correspond to perfect values of 15/15/15 are as follows:
- Level 30 (Max Wild CP) – 2052 CP
- Level 35 (maximum CP boosted by weather) – 2223 CP
Remember: the wild CP value aligns with your trainer level until you reach level 30. If you are currently below level 30, the CP values will be different from those listed above. However, since the majority of the player base is now above level 30, we kept the previous values to keep things simple.
The Season of Adventure Abundance is here! You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball mission and compete in Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for a chance to encounter Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres. This incense can also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Is there a shiny Magmar in Pokémon Go?
There is a shiny version of Magmar in Pokémon Go.
This form debuted as part of Eggstravaganza in March 2018. If you have a Shiny Magmar, you can turn it into a Shiny Magmortar, but if you want a Shiny Magby, you’ll have to hatch it from an egg.
It is important to remember that Focus Hour will only increase the amount of Magmar that is generated in the wild; It has no effect on the appearance of the gloss rate. This means that, unlike Community Day events, you’re working at the usual brilliant rates during a Spotlight Hour.
Magmar shared its Community Day event with Electabuzz.
What does the shiny Magmar look like?
A bright Magmar displays a variety of pink tones, which is very different from the yellow and orange design of a normal Magmar:
Regular Magmar and Brilliant Margar.
Other reasons to capture as many Magmar as possible
It may be a quiet week in Pokémon Go event-wise, but there are still a couple of reasons to catch as many Magmars as possible:
- Whether it’s for the Pokédex entry, Go Battle League purposes, or you managed to catch two shiny Magmars, this Spotlight Hour is perfect for turning a Magmar into a Magmortar. However, you will need a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Magmar Sweets.
- This week’s bonus is double evolution XP. Be sure to check your Pokémon Storage to see if there are any Pokémon that are ready to evolve, because this is the perfect time to collect a batch of XP that you would normally have to use a Lucky Egg to receive. This is also a big plus if you plan to evolve a pair of Magmar.
The Magmar evolution line.
- Both Ultra League and Ultra League Remix have started, so if you’ve found a perfect IV Magmar, you can easily try it out in Go Battle League.
- Magmar is a Fire-type Pokémon, meaning catching it will add progress to your Fire-type catch bonus medal.
Spotlight only lasts one hour, from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm (local time), but don’t worry if you can’t participate this week. Next up, on Tuesday, December 21, is Snover, with a double catch XP bonus!