After taking the title of best animated film, 2018’s Spider-Man into the Spider-verse returns with a sequel and an exciting new name, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.
As the name and previous film suggest, the franchise isn’t shy about diving into the different origins of the Spider-verse.
Find out how much you know about the real world of your favorite superhero and friendly neighbor Spider-Man!
The iconic comic book character, Spider-Man, is an original superhero created by Marvel with writer Stan Lee and illustrator Steve Ditko.
Initially beginning as a filler story for a canceled anthology, Spider appeared in Marvel Comics. amazing fantasyNo. 15 in 1962.
According to the premise, American teenager Peter Parker is a poor, sickly orphan who gains superhuman powers after being bitten by a radioactive spider.
His strengths are speed and agility along with the ability to cling to walls.
With young readers responding powerfully to Peter Parker, the current title and ultimately a media empire, included video games, several animated and one live-action television series, a live-action film franchise, and a Broadway musical. .
READ ALSO: Gk Quiz about Marvel: Discover interesting facts and trivia!
GK Quiz about anime: Discover facts and how much you know!
Take this quiz and learn the details about the real origin of Spider-Man through the facts mentioned here!
P1. What was the title of Marvel Comics’ first Spider-Man story in 1962?
a) Amazing fantasy
b) The Last Spider-Man
c) The Amazing Spider-Man
Answer: Amazing fantasy
P2. Who was the Marvel publisher that published Spider-Man?
a) Stan Lee
b) Martin Goodman
c) Tim Burton
d) Steven Spielberg
Answer: Martin Goodman
P3. Spider-Man’s debut spawned an ongoing comic book series that began with which comic in March 1963?
a) The Human Torch
b) Captain America
c) The Last Spider-Man
d) The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1, no. 1,
Answer: The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1, no. 1,
Q4. What year did the monthly Web of Spider-Man series start?
a) June 1992
b) April 1985
c) December 2000
d) January 2012
Answer: April 1985
Q5. The Spectacular Spider-Man), which debuted in December 1976, ran for how many issues?
a) 263 numbers
b) 300 numbers
c) 2000 numbers
d) 20 numbers
Answer: 263 numbers
Q6. The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 2, no. December 36, 2001, written and drawn by who? It was about Spider-Man’s reactions to the 9/11 attacks and the topic gained national media attention.
a) J. Michael Straczynski, John Romita
b) Todd Mcfarlane, Jim Lee
c) Mark Bagley, George Pérez
d) John Romita Jr., Mike Deodato
Answer: J. Michael Straczynski, John Romita
Q7. Marvel Universe, the “Ultimate” comic line launched with the debut of Ultimate Spider-Man in what year?
Q8. The Ultimate Spider-Man ran until 2009 and concluded with Peter’s apparent death. Who then claimed the mantle of Spider-Man?
a) Morales Miles
b) Dick Grayson
c) Jason Todd
d) María Juana
Answer: Miles Morales
Q9. When did Sony bring Spider-Man to the big screen? It ultimately earned over $800 million worldwide.
a) December 2004
b) January 2012
c) May 2002
d) April 2001
Answer: May 2002
Q10. The Spider-Man film series underwent a “reboot” in 2012 with what film?
a) The Amazing Spider-Man
b) Spider-Man: A New Universe
c) Spider-Man 3
d) Avengers: Endgame
Answer: The Amazing Spider-Man
Q11. Spider-Man made his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in the third act of which film in 2016?
a) Black Widow
b) Avengers: Endgame
c)Captain America: Civil War
d) Iron Man
Answer: Captain America: Civil War
Q12. Which Spider-Man movie won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature?
a) Spider-Man 3
b) The Amazing Spider-Man
c) Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Answer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
READ ALSO: GK Quiz on Cartoons: Find out how much you know and learn through Cartoon Trivia!
Spider-Man Movie Timeline
- In the summer of 2002, in May, Sony brought Spiderman Directed by Sam Raimi to the big screen, adored by fans and critics alike, the film grossed over $800 million worldwide and became the classic Spider-Man movie starring Toby Maguire. Later released Spider-Man 2 (2004) and spider man 3 (2007) were equally successful.
- In 2012, the Spider-Man film series underwent a “reboot” and came The amazing Spider Man (2012) starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. It also had a sequel called The Amazing Spider-Man 2 launched in 2014.
- In 2009, Marvel was purchased by the Walt Disney Company and developed its own superhero film franchise under the name “Marvel Cinematic Universe”, but existing licensing agreements prevented the use of Spider-Man.
- In 2015, that impasse was resolved with a unique agreement between Disney and Sony that allowed the character to appear in films produced by both studios.
- In 2016, Spider-Man made his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in the third act of Captain America: Civil War with Tom Holland as the new web-slinging superhero, driving fans crazy with the twist.
- In 2017 In Spider-Man: Homecoming Holland had an impressive performance. Return to the screen in blockbusters like blockbusters Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers Endgame (2019) and sequels such as Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021).
- In 2018, the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was released and marked the big screen debut of Miles Morales. The iconic film was met with near-universal praise with clever comic-book visuals, a compelling story and an engaging hip-hop soundtrack that won over audiences and critics alike. The film won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
READ ALSO: GK Quiz on Famous Athletes Around the World – Discover Facts and More!
GK Quiz on Greek Mythology: Discover Facts and More