Pokémon Sun and Moon is offering a gift through early 2017 through its online Mystery Gift service: pre-evolution Snorlax Munchlax and the Snorlium Z item.
While it is advertised as a pre-order bonus, it is in fact available to all players who purchase the game in its launch window. Like Torchic in Pokémon X and Y, as long as you connect to the Mystery Gift service before January 11, 2017, you can add the giveaway to your game.
How to use Mystery Gift to download Munchlax and Snorlax Z Move Snorlium Z in Pokémon Sun and Moon
1) Turn on the Nintendo 3DS, start Pokémon Sun or Moon, and then go to the home screen. There, click on Mystery Gift.
2) Next, select ‘Get over the Internet’. The connection will take a few moments (you must be registered to a wireless network on your 3DS, otherwise head to system settings first and repeat these steps).
3) On the next screen, select the ‘Munchlax and Snorlium Z’ option.
4) Wait a few moments, making sure not to lose your Internet connection or power to the 3DS.
5) When it says it was successful, you can select ‘Check Card Album’ from the Mystery Gift menu to check that it is there. Please note that there are multiple pages, don’t panic if you’re not on the first one!
6) Once downloaded, enter your game and go to a Pokémon Center.
7) Inside, there will be a man in a yellow and blue striped shirt just to the left of the counter. Talk to him and you will receive the gifts! You’ll need a free space in your party to receive the Munchlax, but don’t worry because the man won’t leave until you receive it.
Do you need more advice? Use our Pokémon Sun and Moon walkthrough and guide for the main story, our competitive training guide for information on IV, EV training, hypertraining and bottle cap farming, and breeding explained, our pick for the best starter Pokémon from Pokémon Sun and Moon by Rowlet. Litten and Popplio, as well as a progressing list of where to find Zygarde Cells and Cores and our guide to the Battle Tree and Battles and Trading in Festival Plaza. We also have a list of QR codes, Z Crystal locations, Mega Stone locations, Eevium Z Eevee user locations for Extreme Evoboost, evolutions for Alolan Forms and other new Pokémon Sun and Moon and a quick way to increase the happiness of a Pokémon, plus how to transfer through Ash-Greninja from the Sun and Moon demo, where to catch Tapu Guardians, how to catch Ultra Beasts, and how to download Munchlax’s Mystery Gift.