Earth Day 2023: Celebrated on April 22 to remind us that we now need to move to a more sustainable economy that works for both people and the planet. It is necessary to promote harmony with nature and the Earth. It is rightly said that a green future is a prosperous future.
This year’s theme is “Investing in our planet.” It highlights the need to be brave to preserve and protect our health, our families and our livelihoods. That is why, together, we must invest in our planet. A partnership is necessary for the planet. Time is of the essence, so let’s restore nature and build a healthy planet for our future generations, our children and their children.
Solve| Earth Day Quiz 2023, Check Important GK Questions and Answers on Nature of Earth
Some of the famous Earth Day slogans are:
Every day is Earth Day.
Pollution is never a solution
If he dies, we die with him.
A clean Earth is a happy Earth!
Think green, keep it clean.
READ| When and why is Earth Day celebrated?
Earth Day 2023: Inspirational quotes to save our Mother Earth
1. “Look deeply into nature and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
2. “It is our collective and individual responsibility… To preserve and care for the world in which we all live.” – Dalai Lama
3. “The land does not belong to us. We belong to the land.” – Chief Seattle
4. “Humans: let’s stop burning fossil fuels. Let’s stop killing each other and our planet. Let’s stop just talking about love; let’s start practicing it. We have nothing to lose except our misery” – Peter Kalmus
5. “Let nature have its way. She understands her business better than we do.” -Michel de Montaigne
6. “Adopt the rhythm of nature: its secret is patience.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “He who is content with the least is richer, because contentment is the wealth of nature.” – Socrates
8. “Choose only one teacher: nature.” – Rembrandt
9. “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we have ever known.” -Carl Sagan
10. “Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you discover that money cannot be eaten.” – A stranger
11. “How strange that nature does not call and yet does not intrude!” -Emily Dickinson
12. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” -Robert Swan
13. “Trees are a poem that the earth writes in the sky. Humanity cuts them into paper so that we can record our emptiness.” –Kahlil Gibran
14. “The Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Our task must be to liberate ourselves by expanding our circle of compassion to encompass all living creatures and all of nature and its beauty.” – Albert Einstein
16. “The nature that must be commanded must be obeyed.” -Francis Bacon
17. “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider it, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “I only get angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.”- Mother Teresa
19. “The Earth is the most sacred place in the Universe, loving the earth and loving life is the way to generate positive vibrations.” -Amit Ray
20. “The earth has skin and that skin has diseases; one of his illnesses is called man. – Friedrich Nietzsche
21. “Deforestation is changing our climate, harming people and the natural world. We must and can reverse this trend.” – Jane Goodall
22. “Nature develops a margin of life for all living beings, including man. “All forms of life obey the demands of nature, except man, who has found ways to ignore them” – Eugene M. Poirot
23. “We live on this particle called Earth; Think about what you could do today or tomorrow and make the most of it.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
24. “A nation that destroys its soil destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our earth, they purify the air and give new strength to our people.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
25. “Life comes from the earth and life returns to the earth.” –Zhuangzi
26. “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.” – Seymour Miller and Jill Jackson
27. “You have to take responsibility for your actions and this is how we are going to protect the Earth” – Julia Butterfly Hill
28. “The activist is not the man who says that the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans the river.” – Ross Perot
29. “You cannot protect the environment unless you empower people, inform them and help them understand that these resources are theirs and that they must protect them.” – Wangari Maathai
30. “They are the little things that citizens do. That’s what will make the difference. My little thing is to plant trees.” – Wangari Maathai
31. “To harm the earth is to harm your children.” -Wendell Berry
32. “You are not Atlas carrying the world on your shoulder. It is good to remember that the planet carries you.” – Vandana Shiva
33. “Together we can preserve the forest, ensuring this immense treasure for the future of all these children.”– Chico Mendes
34. “If the atmosphere is happy, people will laugh and your pain will disappear.” -Srinivas Mishra
35. “The Earth is what we all have in common.” -Wendell Berry
36. “To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people’s trash.” -Bill Nye
37. “All we have to do is wake up and change.” -Greta Thunberg
38. “You don’t live on Earth; “You are passing through.” -Rumi
39. “We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the Earth as its other creatures do.” -Barbara Ward
40. “He who plants trees loves others as well as himself.” -Thomas Fuller
Read more quotes, poems, mottos, wishes, messages, etc. on Earth Day 2023
READ| Important days and dates in April 2023