Saudi Arabia has recently revealed its big plans for a massive new project proposed in the country’s capital, Riyadh, called Mukaab. Check the details here!
Mukaab, an indoor supercity in the capital Riyadh
Saudi Arabia has recently revealed its big plans for a massive new project proposed in the country’s capital, Riyadh, called Mukaab. The gigantic cubic structure aims to transform the center of Riyadh through new and fascinating things. The viral video shocked the world with its celestial elements, showing the centerpiece of the new city center called New Murabba.
“A gateway to another world” and a “New face of Riyadh”, Mukaab has certain characteristics, find out about them here!
Mukaab: key features
- Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund has announced a gateway to another world, a project that promises to be the world’s largest modern center established in Riyadh, the capital called Mukaab.
- Mukaab would reportedly be large enough to house 20 Empire State buildings.
- The 400 meter high structure will be 400 meters wide.
- It is a cubic city that will form the centerpiece of a new area of central Riyadh.
- The Mukaab development plan aims to transform a 19 square kilometer area northwest of Riyadh into a vibrant mixed-use district.
- The announcement of this mythical Mukaab structure was made by Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz.
- The New Murabba Development Company, in February 2021.
- The building will be based on Najdi’s modern architectural style, but with a futuristic touch.
- Developers say The Mukaab will offer “ever-changing environments” using digital and virtual technology to create holographic displays that interact with the surrounding urban landscape.
Mukaab: structure and objective of the project
- Based on Najdi’s modern architectural style, with a futuristic twist, the building will include a tower on a spiral base.
- The structure will have 2 million square meters of surface that will be a hotel destination with commercial, cultural and tourist attractions, with residential and hotel units, commercial spaces and recreational facilities.
- The New Murabba project is said to have 104,000 residential units, 9,000 hotel rooms, 980,000 square meters of commercial space and 1.4 million square meters of office space.
- With 1.8 million square meters of space dedicated to community facilities, the New Murabba project will become a model of sustainable urban development.
- It will have green areas and paths for pedestrians and cyclists designed to promote healthy lifestyles.
- The district will also be home to a museum, a technology and design museum, a theater and more than 80 cultural and entertainment venues.
Mukaab: Facilities and Access
- New Murabba residents will have access to living, working and entertainment spaces within a 15-minute walk.
- The airport will be only 20 minutes away by car.
- Promoters claim the project will create more than 350,000 jobs.
- The entire New Murabba project is scheduled to be completed in 2030.
- The Mukaab was to be completed several years earlier.
The completion of the project will prove to be a major milestone in the ongoing transformation of Saudi Arabia’s economy. This is because Saudi Arabia seeks to diversify away from its dependence on oil and gas exports.
|Delhi-Mumbai Expressway: India’s longest expressway, all you need to know
International Mother Language Day 2023: date, theme, history, meaning, key facts and more