Inheritance Season is the fifth season of the Pokémon Go game and brings with it a series of mysteries over three months.
In addition to featuring monthly seasonal bonuses and challenges, it appears to be directly tied to an upcoming game in the series: Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Elsewhere, you can also expect to find different Pokémon appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you live in, as well as new creatures in Eggs and Raids.
In this page:
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings
Watch Guzzlord, one of the Ultra Beasts, fight in Pokémon GoWatch on YouTube
What do we know about Heritage Season in Pokémon Go?
Seasons are themed periods of the game that bring new updates and events to Pokémon Go, and Inheritance Season is the fifth to occur.
After the events of Season of Mischief, Professor Willow became interested in other mysterious powers after witnessing what Hoopa can do.
According to Niantic: “His investigation takes him to a historic cave, where he stumbles upon a large door that has a set of strange unlocking mechanisms. How does it open? What lies beyond? Your investigation this season will allow you to collaborate with Willow teachers and team leaders to help uncover the mysteries of this historic site.”
All a bit vague, but we have some clues elsewhere about what to expect on the subject. Between the choice of logo, the dates overlapping with the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, and the blurb that says “we will look to the past for answers that will help guide us into the future” (Arceus is a ‘prequel’) it’s completely possible. we could see an event and most likely some new Pokémon and Hisuian regional forms of Legends Arceus.
This is not new for Pokémon Go; we’ve seen this before with the Gen 8 Pokémon Galarian forms with the release of Sword and Shield.
Aside from that, Season of Heritage events confirmed at launch include:
- The introduction of monthly seasonal bonuses and timed research:
- December: Blanche’s Stardust Challenge (2x Stardust for first daily catch; Deino hat avatar item reward after collecting 120,000 Stardust)
- January: Spark XP Challenge (x2 XP for first daily catch; Goomy Hat avatar item reward after collecting 240,000 XP)
- February: Candela Capture Challenge (Egg Hatching x2 XP, Extra XL Candy from Eggs; Noibat Hat Avatar Item Reward after Capturing 600 Pokémon)
- Swinub Incense Day on December 5
- A Tour: Johto event, similar to last year’s Tour: Kanto event, between February 26 and 27, 2022.
- Different Pokémon that appear specifically in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere (see next section)
- Changes in the egg pool (see next section)
- Different Mega Pokémon in Mega Raids: Starting with Mega Steelix from December 1 to December 23, then Mega Abomasnow from December 23 to January 7, 2022.
- Certain Legendary Pokémon return to five-star raids, starting with Reshiram and Zekrom between December 1 and 16, then Kyurem from December 16 to 31.
Pokémon from the Season of Heritage hemisphere, seasonal and biome generation changes
As in previous seasons, Heritage Season marks a change in which Pokémon appear specifically in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere, as well as in different biomes:
|North Hemisphere||Delibird,Turtwig,Chimchar,Piplup,Cotonee,Vanillite,Winter Form Deerling|
|Southern hemisphere||Tangela,Treecko,Torchic,Mudkip,Carvanha,Combee,Summer Form Deerling|
|Cities||Porygon, Snubbull, Glameow, Bronzor, Lillipup, Trash, Solosis|
|Forests||Caterpie, Taillow, Croagunk, Joltik, Ferroseed, Karrablast, Shelmet|
|Mountains||Clefairy, Aerodactyl, Teddiursa, Meditite, Numel, Hippopotas, Munna|
|Water||Psyduck, Lapras, Wingull, Barboach, Finneon, Feebas, Bidoof|
Meanwhile, the egg tables will also change as follows:
|2km||Poliwag, Bellsprout, Swinub, Meditite, Barboach, Swablu, Bunnelby|
|5km||Onix, Azurill, Happiny, Munchlax, Snover, Froakie, Hippopotas|
|5K Adventure Sync||Cranids,Shieldon,Frillish,Skrelp,Clauncher,Dedenne|
|10K Adventure Sync||Dratini, Bagon, Beldum, Riolu, Deino, Noibat|
Pokémon Go Inheritance Season End Date When will Inheritance Season start?
The Hertiage Season will be held between Wednesday, December 1 at 10:00 a.m. (local time) and Tuesday, March 1 at 10:00 a.m. (local time).
Go Battle League Season 10 also shares the above dates, with several special leagues and cups during this period.
The Season of Adventure Abundance is here! You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball mission and compete in Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for a chance to encounter Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres. This incense can also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
What are seasons in Pokémon Go?
Introduced in December 2020, Seasons are in-game periods, three months long, that tie various events into a theme and add a host of new features and quality of life changes.
- Changes to the way Pokémon appear from season to season, which may cause some creatures to appear more regularly or become rarer in the wild for limited periods of time.
- Changes to egg pools and raids.
- Spawning specific to the northern and southern hemispheres, coinciding with real-world seasons.
- Highlights specific Mega Evolutions, giving them a power boost throughout the season.
- Deerling Form Changes
- A new season of Go Battle League, which will have the same duration as these seasons.
- XP boosts for completing specific activities, like five-star raids, for example.
- Introduce other general improvements in the quality of life.
- A variety of events in the game.
- New Pokémon
If you’d like to learn more about past seasons in Pokémon Go, visit our Season of Celebration, Season of Legends, Season of Discovery, and Season of Mischief pages.
I hope you enjoy Heritage Season!