Modern Warfare Season 2 brings us a number of new updates, including the Ghost title and the Rust multiplayer map.
Additionally, other additional features are also coming, including new weapons and a new Battle Pass.
This page explains the Modern Warfare patch notes as part of the latest Modern Warfare update.
Modern Warfare Patch Notes: What was introduced in the Modern Warfare Season 2 update
With the addition of Season 2 to Modern Warfare comes a host of new additions, changes, and features. Here are the patch notes for the update, copied verbatim from developer Infinity Ward:
New Operator: Ghost!
New weapons: Grau 5.56 and Striker 45
- CDL Playlist (Hardpoint, Domination, Search and Destroy)
- Ground War Realism (formerly Mosh Pit Realism)
- Adding Boneyard to the Ground War rotation
- “I have rust problems” – Mosh Pit 6v6
- Snipers 3v3 shootouts
- Rust – Available in 2v2 and 6v6 playlists
- Atlas Superstore – Available in 6v6 and 10v10 playlists
- Regiments! (check them out in the Social menu!)
Special Ops Survival: Azhir Cave (Sony Exclusive!)
Weapon Akimbo Perk! (available at gunsmith)
- *A note from the team: Bazaar and Gunfight Tournaments will be launching later in the season!
Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Season 2 Trailer
Fix for “Focused” challenge not tracking correctly
- Added back to the rotation
- Second floor access removed in a handful of centrally located homes (see locations below marked in red)
Fixes for various exploits on Ground War maps
Fixed an issue where players could team-kill Care Package owners and teammates who captured Care Packages.
Fixed Platinum and Damascus camouflages sometimes having a blinding glow in certain areas containing sunlight.
Fixed a rare bug that could prevent players from accessing the Barracks, Weapons, and/or Operator tabs after matches.
The “Copy Equipment” function was disabled
Trophy system: Deployment time has been reduced by approximately half a second.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to get infinite weapon drops by canceling Killstreaks. Killstreaks can no longer be used when the Weapon Throw Grenade is equipped
Fixed a bug where objectives were not providing field upgrade progress.
Benefit 1 slots
- Overkill: Changed places with Killchain and will now be in Perk 2
- EOD: Hacking ability removed (added to Spotter perk)
- Double Time: Doubles the recharge rate of Tactical Sprint.
- Quick Fix: Reduced health regeneration delay – any death will immediately start regeneration.
Benefit 2 slots
- Ghost: Removes instant grenade immunity (moved to Battle Hardened)
- Resupply: Change equipment reload rate from 30 to 25 seconds
- Killchain: Swapped locations with Overkill In Perk 1
- Pointman – Increases score gain for Scorestreaks in all modes
Benefit 3 slots
- Tune Up: Increase Field Upgrade Cost Reduction
- Spotter: Added hacking capability (from EOD); We are currently working on the ability to pass through walls.
- Battle Hardened:
- Added Immunity to Instant Grenades (Ghost Move)
- Added resistance to gas grenades:
- Cough is no longer played when a player gasses
- Reduction of deceleration under the effect of gas.
- Reduced blurring under the effect of gas.
- Fixed some kills not tracking correctly when trying to unlock the crossbow.
- Fixed Fury crossbow explosive bolts not killing Juggernauts in one hit.
- Very slight adjustment of reload speed. We’re still fine-tuning this one, so more tweaks are in the works!
- Fixed a bug where the crossbow was not dealing any melee damage to deployable cover.
SA87- Smoothed knockback, increased damage
Increased the number of RAM-7 extended magazines ammunition from 45 to 50.
*A note from the weapons team! Solozero NVG Enhanced is supposed to see through smoke, but a rendering bug broke this optic temporarily. We’ll fix it soon!
Operation Harbinger: Fixed an issue with a checkpoint that could cause players to appear under the map.
Keyboard and mouse
Added a change to loadout keybinds for custom loadouts 6 through 10, allowing players to quickly switch to any of their favorite loadouts with the press of a button.
Fixed a visual issue where highlighting the usernames of multiple people in a lobby with the mouse cursor could cause multiple emblem/player card/level UI elements to appear and overlap.
Call of Duty League
Specialist restrictions were removed.
For Keyboard & Mouse Codcasters, it is now possible to open the player’s field updates by pressing a key in the same way as they do with Killstreaks. This also shows the exact progress until each player unlocks their respective field upgrade.
Players’ health levels are displayed in the background of their portraits.
Player numbers are now displayed on the minimap and are larger when viewed on the full map.
When using the Tracker perk, footprints are now visible even when the Bullet Hits and Aerosols option is disabled in the Graphics tab.
Various fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability.
What else is included in the Modern Warfare Season 2 update?
Thanks to a series of pre-release leaks and now an official roadmap, we have a good idea of what will appear in Modern Warfare Season 2:
- New operators, including Ghost, available instantly when purchasing the Battle Pass, and which appears to be a level 100 operator skin for Ghost:
Level 100 Ghost Operator Skin from r/modernwarfare. To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings
- More operators (Talon and Mace) will arrive later in the season
- New maps, including the return of Rust from Modern Warfare 2 and, thanks to a new leak, Atlas Superstore, Bazaar and Zhokov Boneyard.
- Two new weapons: the GRAU 5.56 assault rifle and the STRIKER 45 SMG.
- The possible return of night maps, in addition to new modes such as the Infected Ground War and Gunfight variants.
- Season 2 Battle Pass with 100 Tiers of New Unlocks, Including Weapon Blueprints and COD Points
Expect a slew of balance changes for other elements of the game as part of a series of patch notes once the update arrives.
Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Become Captain Price
Looking for help with multiplayer? Learn the best weapons in Modern Warfare, how to access Modern Warfare Hardcore and Modern Warfare Ground War modes. We can also teach you how to use quick scope. Finally, there’s the story, with a handful of Modern Warfare campaign missions to complete, plus how to kill a Juggernaut in Modern Warfare.
What time was Season 2 added to Modern Warfare?
Original story: The Modern Warfare Season 2 release date is February 11 and should be available at the following Modern Warfare Season 2 update release times, depending on when the first season was released:
- United Kingdom: 6:00 p.m. (GMT/UK)
- Europe: 7:00 p.m. (CEST / Western Europe)
- US East Coast: 1:00 pm (EST/US East Coast)
- US West Coast: 10am (PST/US West Coast)
Ghost headlines the second season of Modern Warfare 2.
Of course, you may have to wait a bit for maintenance and patch download times on your chosen system.