IPL fans are eagerly awaiting the exciting final match between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Gujarat Titans (GT) in the IPL 2023 tournament. As the excitement builds, cricket enthusiasts around the world are looking for the latest updates and Live results of this highly anticipated match. Here, we provide you with all the necessary information to stay updated with the CSK vs GT final match scorecard, along with live updates on runs, wickets, statistics and records.
IPL 2023 has witnessed some exciting cricket matches and the final showdown promises to be no exception. With the top two teams fighting for the coveted IPL title, fans can expect an exciting encounter filled with impressive moments.
CSK vs GT: Live Match
The final resumed at 00:10
Mohit Sharma started the final with four masterful deliveries but failed in the last two. That was all Jadeja needed to profit. The CSK runner-up hit a six and a four off the last two balls to win Chennai Super Kings their fifth IPL title.
Updated May 30 at 1:55 am
CSK and GT remain tied: 150/5 (12 overs)
Mohit Sharma turned GT’s tide with two consecutive wickets from Ambati Rayudu and MS Dhoni. However, Jadeja and Dube still remain on the field.
Updated May 30 at 1:20 am
CSK closes in on fifth IPL title: 112/2 (10 overs)
The GT bowlers, except Noor Ahmad, are offering negligible resistance to CSK. Ajinkya Rahane goes for the big shots while Shivam Dube finds his form.
Updated May 30 at 1:00 am
CSK after strategic timeout: 72/0 (6 overs)
GT bowlers Noor Ahmad and Josh Little produced good spells after the powerplay but CSK openers Gaikwad and Conway maintain the required run rate.
Updated May 30 at 0:36 am
CSK are way ahead after the power play.
Gaikwad and Conway started hitting boundaries early on and posted an incredible total of 52/0 in the 4 overs powerplay.
CSK openers Ruturaj Gaikwad and Devon Conway batted again and showed no intention of setting the pace of the game.
The IPL 2023 final between CSK and GT resumed after a two-hour delay.
Updated May 30 at 0:26 am
Game stopped due to rain!
It was the start of Chennai’s innings with Gaikwad and Conway in the crease and Mohammad Shami in attack. 3 balls and Chennai had scored a boundary. Unfortunately, rain fell unexpectedly and the match had to be stopped.
Updated on May 29 at 9:59 p.m.
GT Scores 214/4
The last over of Titan’s innings turned out to be the most exciting as they lost two wickets. Rashid Khan reached the crease after Sudarshan and is declared out on the last ball of the innings.
Updated on May 29 at 9:19 p.m.
LBW out of Pathirana, Sudarshan is out. The batsman was in incredible form today, scoring 96 off 74 balls. Enter Rashid Khan.
Updated on May 29 at 9:15 p.m.
Gujarat crosses 200
With two hard-hitting batsmen, Sudarshan and Pandya at the crease, the Titans cross the 200-run milestone. The last over of their innings begins with two consecutive sixes from Sudarshan.
updated on May 29 at 9:09 p.m.
Sudarshan scores 50!
Sudarshan completes his half-century in 33 balls, scoring two consecutive goals.
Updated on May 29 at 8:48 p.m.
AND OUT again!
Wriddhiman Saha, facing a good length ball that fell on the stump, attempted a hard shot but ended up being caught by MS Dhoni while bowling to Deepak Chahar, resulting in a wicket.
Updated on May 29 at 8:39 p.m.
Shaha turns half a century
Wridhimann Shaha scores 53 off 37 balls. It seems that as long as the opening batter is in the box, GT will continue his rampage.
Updated on May 29 at 8:34 p.m.
GT completes the century
In 11.1 overs, with Shaha and Sudarshan at the crease, the Titans cross the century milestone, with the loss of just one wicket. Shaha continues to be a challenge for CSK players.
Updated on May 29 at 8:23 p.m.
Goalkeeper Dhoni comes to CSK’s rescue, leaving Shubman Gill perplexed. Dhoni takes his 300th wicket in his 250th IPL match.
Updated on May 29 at 8:05 p.m.
GT completes half a century
Openers Gilla and Shaha achieved the half-century milestone for the Titans in just 32 balls.
Updated May 29 at 7:59
CSK vs GT: Shaha and Gill shine
GT’s opening duo, Shaha and Gill, shine brightly, scoring multiple boundaries in a single over. Shubhman Gill is now the second highest run-scorer in IPL 2023.
Updated May 29 at 7:52 p.m.
Captain Dhoni won the toss and decided to play. The Gujarat Titans will bat first when the match begins at 7:30 pm.
Updated on May 29 at 7:02 p.m.
Get the latest updates here
- 20th Over Summary: Pathirana takes charge in the last over of GT’s innings, giving away two consecutive sixes. Delivering a Yorker ball that landed on middle stump, Sudharsan played a front-foot drive. However, his throw resulted in a wicket as the umpire declared him LBW. GT appealed and Sudarshan was left out. Rashid Khan comes in, tries to reach the boundary with the last ball and is caught by Ruturaj Gaikwad. GT finishes 214/4.
- Summary 19: Pandya greets Deshpande with an impressive six. Pandya scores another six, ending the penultimate over of the Gujarat innings at 200/2.
- 18. summary: Pathirana is on the attack. Sudarshan and Pandya’s partnership reaches 45 off 20 balls. The score is 181/2 with a current rate of 10.6. If the Titans’ momentum continues like this, they will reach a score of 200+.
- Summary 17: Tushar Deshpande takes control, giving four consecutive boundaries, a six and three fours, to Sudarshan. A really costly over for Chennai as GT gets 20 runs in a single over. The score reaches 173/2.
- 16th summary: Pathirana enters. Sudarshan completes his half-century in 33 balls. Two consecutive boundaries given by Pathirana. the score is 153/2.
- 15th Over Summary: Only two sixes scored in this over, both by Sudharshan. The score is 143-2.
- Captain Hardik Pandya reaches the box, Theekshana attacks.
- 14th Over Summary: Chahar delivers an economical over, providing much-needed relief for Chennai. Saha is out c Dhoni b Chahar. The score is 131/2.
- “Deepak Chahar replaces Jadeja”.
- 13th summary: Jadeja is on the attack. Shaha completes her half century. The score is 124/1.
- 12th over: Matheesha Pathirana gives two wide boundaries and two to the Titans. An expensive finish for Chennai. The GT is at 108/1.
- 11th over: Jadeja comes in and Saha scores a 4-run cut shot off the first ball. The overall score is 96/1.
- Tenth recap: Maheesh Theekshana plays Sudarshan and Shaha. There are no limits beyond this. The score is 86/1.
- Ninth summary: GT’s run speed takes a hit after Gill’s wicket. Only one limit marked. The score is 80/1.
- Ravindra Jadeja takes the ball again.
- Eighth summary: GT is at 72/1.
- Sai Sudharsan arrives on the field. CSK’s Maheesh Theekshana takes charge of the bowling.
- Seventh summary: Shubman Gill is out, bowled by Dhoni. GT is at 67 with 1 loss.
- Ravindra Jadeja takes charge of the bowling.
- 6th summary: The score is 62 without loss.
- Fifth summary: Saha and Gill cross the half-century milestone off 32 balls, which proves expensive for CSK bowlers. The score is 62 without a loss.
- Fourth summary: Shaha comes in hot and proves to be a challenge for CSK’s bowlers. GT is at 49 with 0 losses.
- 3rd summary: The score is 39/0.
- Second Over Summary: Shaha scores 3 boundaries in the second over, a six and two fours. GT is at 24 with no losses.
- First Over Summary: Subhman Gill scored 2 runs, along with Shah’s 2 runs.
- Saha and Shubman Gill are at the crease. Saha is on strike. Chahar will open the attack.
Read – [Today] IPL 2023 Points Table List: Team Rankings, Net Run Rate & Standings
To make sure you don’t miss a single detail of the CSK vs GT final match, we bring you live cricket score updates. Stay tuned to this article as we bring you real-time action, providing ball-by-ball updates and full match statistics. From runs scored to wickets taken, our live scorecard will keep you informed throughout the game.
As the players battle it out on the field, expect to witness impressive sixes, clever bowling spells and exceptional moments on the field. We’ll be sure to highlight standout performances and notable records set during the game.
Stay tuned with us to experience the excitement of the IPL 2023 final as it unfolds. Whether you can’t watch the match live or simply want to stay up to date on the go, our live cricket score updates will ensure you’re always informed.
Players competing in most IPL finals11 – MS Dhoni8 – Suresh Raina8 – Ambati Rayudu8 – Ravindra Jadeja Most appearances in IPL playoffs
28 – MS Dhoni24 – Suresh Raina23 – Ravindra Jadeja23 – Ambati Rayudu
What happens if it also rains on the day of the reservation?
The IPL 2023 final between CSK and GT will be played without restrictions on the reserve day: May 29, 2023.
However, rain is also expected for the reservation day. If rain makes play impossible, the game will be lost and the team highest in the points table will be declared the winner.
If the toss is made before 9:35 pm, the match will begin without any reduction in overs. After that, surpluses will continue to shrink. There is a possibility that the winner of the 2023 IPL will be decided by a super over.
Updated May 29, 2023 at 10:35 am
CONFIRMED! IPL 2023 final will be played on Monday, May 29, 2023
— Indian Premier League (@IPL) May 28, 2023
For the first time in the history of the Indian Premier League, the final will be played on a reserve day. However, rain is also expected on May 29.
Updated on May 28, 2023 at 10:55 p.m.
CSK vs GT match can continue tomorrow if rain doesn’t stop
CSK vs GT IPL Final: The rain continues
It continues to rain in Ahmedabad. After a brief pause, the heavy downpours returned and the field was once again covered.
There is no confirmation from the BCCI about the fate of the match, in case the rain does not stop.
Updated on May 28, 2023 at 10:15 p.m.
CSK vs GT launch delayed
The much-awaited IPL 2023 final between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans suffers a slight setback.
The draw was delayed due to rain in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Updated May 28, 2023 at 6:55 pm
Ambati Rayudu announces retirement
Veteran player and long-time CSK regular Ambati Rayudu has announced his retirement. The IPL 2023 final between CSK and GT will be their last match of the tournament.
Rayudu has been instrumental in CSK’s recent success.
Updated May 28, 2023 at 6:15 pm
Update: May 28, 2023 at 8:35 p.m.