Zelda: Link’s Awakening Heart Pieces are collectible items that you can find to increase your health meter.
As with previous Zelda games, finding four will give you a full Piece of Heart.
Although you gain health by collecting heart containers when completing a dungeon, it’s worth finding these extra heart pieces to give you an extra boost for more difficult encounters.
As with the Secret Seashell locations, Heart Pieces are often well hidden, in chests off the beaten path or as a reward for completing mini-games.
All Heart Piece locations are as follows:
If you’re looking for more help, our Zelda: Link’s Awakening walkthrough can help.
Mabe Village Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Once you have the sword, cut down the bushes on the cliff above the well in the west of the village, then drop down into the well. Inside is a Heart Piece location.
- You can earn two Heart Pieces at the Trendy Game in the southeast of town. Use the claw machine (use the light below to know exactly where it will stop as soon as you release the button) to pick it up. For the second, keep completing dungeons and earning rewards until it appears.
- You can find two heart pieces inside a fish in the fishing minigame in the pond to the north, which should greet you by breaking records; We got the first one at the same time as the medium weight lure, for example.
- When you have enough rupees, you can buy a heart piece at the shop in Mabe Village.
Mysterious Forest Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- To the east of the forest is a log you can enter that will lead you to a cave. Go past the room with the cracked floor, around the corner, until you reach a room full of pushable rocks and a Heart Piece blocked by them. If you move the blocks and use the power bracelet from the second Bottle Grotto dungeon to move the skulls, the heart piece is yours.
- In the north of the forest there is a log surrounded by rocks. When you have the Power Bracelet item from the second Bottle Grotto dungeon, you can pick them up and move them out of the way. Inside, you’ll need the Hookshot, found in the fifth Catfish’s Maw dungeon, to reach the chest in the corner and then the heart piece at the top left.
Koholint Prairie Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- At the western end of the area, where it joins the Mysterious Forest, you’ll see a Heart Piece location surrounded by pits. You will need the Roc’s Feather item from the Tail Cave dungeon to reach it.
- To the south of the Witch’s House and to the right of the pink ghost’s grave is a staircase. In the underground section, to the right bomb the cracked rock and use the Hookshot (found in the fifth Catfish’s Maw dungeon) to travel to the right and then jump to the Heart Piece.
- There are two heart pieces if you play enough trials of the Dampe Chamber dungeon. (There is also a full heart container to unlock if you do them all.) Remember to unlock more trials and keep completing dungeons.
Tabahl Wasteland Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- In the upper right corner is an open heart piece; you just need Roc’s Feather from the initial Tail Cave dungeon to reach it.
Ukuku Pairie Heart Piece in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- At the top left of the Ukuku Pairie is a cave. Enter to find a room filled with rocks, a chest in the upper center, and a Heart Piece in the lower left corner. To reach it, move the rocks as shown in the screenshot below. Note that you will need the Power Gauntlet to move the skull at the end. Meanwhile, the chest contains a 50 rupee piece.
- Northeast of the warp point, there is another entrance to the cave, to open it you need to bomb. Inside is a cave full of rocks and tent blocks that you must destroy with the Pegasus Boots. Then, in the upper right corner, bomb the cracked wall to find the Heart Piece in a hidden room.
- In the north of Ukuku Pairie is Kanalet Castle. Once you have the Hookshot, you can go over the bumps to the left of the entrance and switch to the pit. Just to the left of the entrance you can use the fins to dive and get the sunken Heart Piece.
- Visit the Seashell Mansion, which is south of Kanalet Castle, and it will be the first reward once you acquire enough Secret Seashell locations.
- At the eastern end of Ukuku Pairie is an underground passage that you must take to reach the Animal Village on the opposite side of the river. Once you have the fins from the fourth dungeon, Angler’s Tunnel, you can dive into the deep part of the flooded cave to obtain the Heart Piece below.
Pothole Field Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- There is a heart piece visible at the top right of Pothole Field. You cannot obtain it on your first visit, but will have to wait until completing the third Key Cavern dungeon to receive the Pegasus Boots. You can use them to run and jump over the two bumps.
Martha’s Bay Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- In the south of Martha’s Bay there are a series of potholes surrounding bushes and a staircase leading down. You can jump over the bumps once you have the Key Cavern Pegasus Boots (you may have to clumsily chop down the bushes as you land, die, and then try again to cross) and then dive into the deep waters inside the cave using the Fins. from the fourth dungeon, Angler’s Tunnel.
- Swim south of the entrance to Catfish’s Maw, squeezing through the land, to find a dead end with a series of rocks. You’ll see a sunken heart piece here, you can dive down and pick it up.
Animal Village Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- There is a Heart Piece ready to be picked up in the upper left corner, outside the village boundaries. You can get there by starting in the opposite lower right corner, turning left at the cracked cave entrance in the upper right corner, and then simply going left.
- In the upper right corner of the town is an entrance to a cracked cave, which you must bomb to access. Inside the cave, go up one screen and equip a bomb and a bow at the same time. Now use them both at the same time by pressing the buttons together and it will fire an explosive arrow at the cracked rock in front. Now throw a hook towards the rock behind him and climb up the Heart Piece.
Yarna Desert Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- As part of exploring the Yarna Desert and obtaining the Fisherman’s Tunnel Key, you must fight a boss in a giant sinking sand trap. He succumbs to the trap and falls through the middle, dropping you into a cave below. Bomb the wall at the top of the screen to find the Heart Piece location.
Tal Tal Heights Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Once you have the fins, swim from the entrance to the fisherman’s tunnel until you reach a cave. Dive here to find a sunken Heart Piece.
- North of the Ancient Ruins are a series of islands that you must explore to reach the sixth dungeon, the Face Shrine. At the top right is a cave that will take you to the raft minigame in Tal Tal Heights. Use the grappling hook to reach the top left rock on a ledge, then right again to get the heart piece. Note that it’s very easy to jump off the ledge and have to make your way back here via the raft minigame, so turn towards each rock carefully.
- When playing the raft minigame, use the hook shot to drop the waterfall on the far left first, then go straight down (you should hook immediately to the left and keep hooking until the current knocks you over) while staying on the raft. Outer edge. The island on the right has a Heart Piece.
- If you achieve a fast time (around 30 seconds) during the ‘Rapids Race’ raft minigame, you’ll earn a Heart Piece for your trouble. Make sure to use the hook to grab from branch to branch to increase your time.
Our Zelda: Link’s Awakening walkthrough and guide can help you with the critical path, including the Eagle’s Tower and Turtle Rock dungeons. There’s plenty to do too, including Zelda Link’s Awakening Heart Pieces, Zelda Secret Seashells, and the Zelda Link’s Awakening Business Sequence. Finally, there’s also the new Zelda Chamber Dungeons feature to unlock and complete.
Tal Tal Mountain Range Heart Piece Locations in Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- In the passage that takes you from Koholint Prairie to above the Angler’s Tunnel, you will see a Heart Piece in the corner. You can get to this by pushing the rock to the left and down the ladder, then the one on the left to the left and breaking the glass beneath it.
- In the middle of the Tal Tal mountain range lies Henhouse Keeper. Go west, cross the broken bridge with a hook and enter the ladder that leads to a cave. There is a cracked wall on the south side of this passage, which features a heart piece inside.
- Outside the cave with the fire jet blocking your path to Turtle Rock, you can go left along the outer edge to find a Heart Piece in the open.
- Inside the Turtle Rock dungeon, you must return to the overworld to return and defeat two black-shelled enemies from above. When you are in the overworld, there is a Heart Piece in the upper left corner.
That’s all done! Remember, if you’re still missing a full Heart Container after all of the above, be sure to complete all of the Chamber Dungeons tasks set to receive an extra one.