Yesterday’s IPL Match: The 16th season of the Indian Premier League is underway and it is turning out to be one for the history books. Not even half of the games have taken place, and we have seen huge totals of over 200 runs chased with ease, low scores defended comfortably and five consecutive sixes hit in an over. Without a doubt, this is the most entertaining IPL season in recent years.
Yesterday’s IPL match between Mumbai Indians (MI) and Punjab Kings (PBKS) was another big event. MI and PBKS clashed in the much-awaited Match 31 of IPL 2023 on April 22. MI and PBKS played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, offering a game for all ages. Although both teams did their best, PBKS beat MI by 13 runs.
Related: IPL 2023 Points Table
Who won yesterday’s IPL match? Result of MI vs PBKS
- Mumbai Indians won the toss and captain Rohit Sharma elected to bowl first.
- PBKS posted a massive total of 214 runs on the scoreboard, with a loss of 8 wickets in 20 overs.
- MI got off to a great start with explosive partnerships between Rohit Sharma, Cameron Green and Suryakumar Yadav.
- MI were on course to win but quick wickets, especially from Yadav, changed the course of the match.
- Arshdeep Singh’s brilliant finish, where he almost scored a hat-trick, sealed the game for Punjab Kings.
- PBKS won by 13 runs.
Related: Schedule, teams, players, matches, venues, schedules and results of IPL 2023
Who took the most wickets in yesterday’s IPL match 31, MI vs PBKS?
Arshdeep Singh of PBKS took the most wickets in yesterday’s IPL match. Singh recorded an impressive haul of 4 wickets in 4 overs and conceded only 29 runs. Singh turned the match in Punjab Kings’ favor in the final over, bowling Tilak Varma and Nehal Wadhera in consecutive deliveries.
Also Check: IPL Purple Cap Winners (2008-2023)
Which batsmen scored the most runs in the MI vs PBKS match?
MI’s Cameron Green scored the most runs in yesterday’s IPL match. The Australian batsman recorded an important innings of 67 runs off 43 balls.
Also Check: IPL Orange Cap Winners (2008-2023)
Who hit the most sixes in yesterday’s IPL match?
Sam Curran and Jitesh Sharma of PBKS hit the most sixes (4 each) in yesterday’s IPL clash between MI and PBKS.
Related: Most sixes in IPL (2008-2023)
Who was the man of the match for match 31 of IPL 2023 yesterday?
The Player of the Match award for yesterday’s exciting clash between MI and PBKS went to Sam Curran (PBKS), who made 55 runs off 29 balls and captained his team to victory. Other match prizes are as follows:
- Electric Striker of the Match: Suryakumar Yadav (MI)
- Active capture of Herbalife match: Atharva Taide (MI)
- Beyond the longest limits 6: Tim David (MI) – 114 meters
- 4 on the move: Suryakumar Yadav (MI) – 7 fours
- Most valuable asset of the party: Cameron Green (MI)
- The decisive factor of the match: Cameron Green (MI)
Check out related IPL statistics, records and updates below.