Sunrisers Hyderabad Owner 2023: Check here all information about SRH’s latest owner in IPL 2023: Name, Age, Net Worth and Background.
Sunrisers Hyderabad SRH owners in IPL 2023
SRH Owner 2023: The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a popular cricket championship organized annually by the Indian cricket organization BCCI. The IPL is one of the most profitable sports leagues in the world and is watched by millions of viewers around the world. IPL follows the T20 cricket format, which results in short, fast and exciting games. Another big reason behind the popularity of the IPL is the numerous teams representing states or cities in India as fans prefer to cheer for their home team.
The Sunrisers Hyderabad is a famous IPL franchise that first debuted in 2013. SRH won the IPL trophy in 2016 and finished as runners-up in 2018. SRH has a devoted fan following, especially in the state of Andhra Pradesh. But do you know the owners of Sunrisers Hyderabad? Dive in to find out.
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) Owner 2023
- Sunrisers Hyderabad is owned by Indian media conglomerate SUN Group Private Limited.
- Kalanithi Maran is the chairman and owner of SUN Group and therefore Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- The SUN Group is involved in various businesses such as film and television production, publishing, radio, cable television, DTH services and broadcasting.
- It consists of 33 television channels in six languages, one of the largest DTH providers in India, 69 FM radio stations including Red FM, 3 newspapers and 6 magazines, in addition to the aforementioned IPL franchise.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad debuted in 2013, replacing Deccan Chargers, whose owners went bankrupt.
- SUN TV Network took over the franchise in a Rs 85.05 crore per annum deal valid for five years. As of 2022, Sunrisers Hyderabad is the eighth most valuable IPL team with an estimated value of Rs 970 crore.
Also Read: Highest Team Score in IPL (2008-2023)
Who is Kalanithi Maran, the owner of Sunrisers Hyderabad?
- Kalanithi Maran is an Indian media mogul and billionaire who founded the conglomerate Sun Group.
- He is the son of former Union Minister of India Murasoli Maran and grandnephew of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi.
- Maran used to run his family’s publishing business before founding Sun TV in 1993.
- He is married to Kavery Maran, CEO of Sun TV and one of the highest-paid businesswomen in India.
- Kalanithi Maran net worth in 2023 is $2.3 billion or Rs 18 billion.
- He also has a daughter, Kaviya Maran, who is often present at SRH games cheering on the team.
Also Read: Majority sixes in IPL (2008-2023)
Hyderabad Sunrises in IPL 2023
Sunrisers Hyderabad are known for being a part of epic games and have made dramatic comebacks many times. SRH won the IPL in 2016 by defeating fan favorite Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs. Since then, they have qualified for the playoffs six times.
SRH’s coach in 2023 is West Indies cricket legend Brian Lara while South African Aiden Markram is the captain.
Sunrisers Hyderabad’s home ground is the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad, Telangana. You can check out the complete Sunrisers Hyderabad squad below.