Nowadays, if anyone hasn’t heard of the Bangtan Boys, popularly known as BTS, they are definitely living under a rock. BTS is one of the biggest, most popular and successful boy bands of all time.
The K-Pop group has broken records, achieved many more and has millions of fans around the world. The 7 members of the band: RM, Suga, Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V and JK are the most popular and critically acclaimed K-Pop artists in the world.
Today, Kim Seokjin, popularly known as Jin, has begun mandatory military service in the South Korean military, leaving his members and fans around the world teary-eyed at his departure.
The BTS members accompanied him to the service field and took one last photo with their beloved ‘hyung’ and shared it on Twitter.
우리 형!! !!!!!!!! 💜러뷰💜 pic.twitter.com/ZP6yryv2qe
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt)
December 13, 2022
Here you will find everything you need to know and more about Jin from BTS.
Full name: Kim Seokjin 김석진
Stage name: Jin진
Date of birth: December 4, 1992
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Height: 78.3 cm or 5’10.2”
Weight: 61 kg or 134 pounds
MBTI Personality Type: INTP
1. Jin was born in Anyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. He is the youngest in his family.
2. Jin went to Australia to learn English when he was in school as part of an exchange program.
3. Jin was discovered by a BigHit casting director while riding the bus. A few years earlier, SM Entertainment also discovered him while walking on the street, but he rejected the offer.
4. Jin wanted to be an actor and initially auditioned for the acting role in Bighit.
5. He debuted on June 13, 2013 as one of the four lead vocalists on BTS’s debut album 2 Kool 4 Skool.
6. Jin is the oldest member of BTS, followed by Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V and JK.
7. His nicknames include, ‘Fake Maknae’, ‘Worldwide Handsome’, ‘Mr. Shoulders”, “Eat Jin”, “Silver Voice”, “Seokjinnie” and many more.
8. Jin enrolled in Konkuk University for acting, one of the hardest universities to get into in South Korea, and graduated with a degree in Film Studies on February 22, 2017.
9. Jin’s first solo, ‘Awake’, released in 2016 as part of BTS’ second album Wings, was also co-composed by him. The single was a hit as it peaked at No. 6 on Billboard’s World Digital Chart Sales.
10. Jin is a passionate gamer. He got into video games when he was in high school.
11. According to the Japanese BTS Fan Club, when Jin was younger, he wanted to be a journalist.
12. He is a big foodie and loves to cook. He is also a picky eater. For example, Jin likes strawberries but he hates strawberry flavored things.
13. In 2016, he collaborated with his closest bandmate, V, for an OST, ‘It’s Definitely You’ for the series ‘Hwarang’, starring fellow BTS member V, also known as Kim Taehyung.
14. He is well known for his natural athletic prowess, which includes experience in the sports of tennis, golf, and snowboarding. He even managed his first attempt at wakeboarding during a local television show.
15. In 2018, he released his second solo ‘Ephiphany’. The song about self-love and acceptance was loved by fans and critics alike and peaked at No. 4 on the US World Digital Song Sales chart.
16. In a survey conducted by Czech doll maker CzDollic in 2018, he was selected as “the most beautiful male face in the world.” With more than 1 million votes, he triumphed against 18,000 rivals from 58 countries.
17. Jin went viral on the Internet countless times due to his extraordinary images. In 2015, after a video showing him getting out of a car at the Melon Music Awards became popular online, he was given the nickname “car door guy.” Similarly, at the 2017 Billboard Awards, the hashtag “#ThirdLeft” gained a lot of traction on Twitter. Jin earned the nickname “gray hoodie in the middle” after the band’s photo with the Chainsmokers went viral.
18. In 2018, Jin and his older brother opened a restaurant called “Ossu Seiromushi” in Seoul, near Seokchon Lake.
19. Despite having no experience in music or singing before his debut, Jin is one of K-Pop’s most versatile and critically acclaimed vocalists. He is a tenor and can play the guitar, piano and pipe organ.
20. In BTS’ hit song ‘Fake Love’, Jin sings the chorus part which has been praised by the Grammy panel and the panelists labeled the K-Pop star a “Silver Voice.”
21. Similarly, in Dionysus, when he sings, the falsetto is described as the best part of the song by NME.
22. TIME magazine, in one of its issues, says: “Jin’s bright tone, in particular, shines in conveying the bittersweet emotions of the struggle between holding on and letting go, the internal struggle described in the lyrics.”
23. In 2019, Jin released his first independent song, ‘Tonight’, which was about his pets. The emotional song had a positive reception.
24. In 2020, he released his third solo ‘Abyss’, an acoustic ballad about doubt. The song was inspired by Jin’s feelings of doubts and insecurities.
25. Jin sang the K-drama Jirisan’s theme song “Yours” in October 2021.
26. The same year, he celebrated his 29th birthday on December 4 by releasing the super catchy song “Super Tuna” as a gift to his fans. An accompanying performance video was uploaded to BTS’s YouTube channel the same day and soon went viral. The video trended in 56 countries and ranked #1 on YouTube’s global popular music video for eight days in a row.
27. On October 15, Jin announced the release of his next solo song at the BTS Yet to Come free concert in Busan. The song, “The Astronaut”, and its accompanying music video were released on October 28. The Astronaut broke several records upon its release. The song became the fastest single by a solo artist to reach one million copies. Jin also had the highest debut on Spotify and the highest position on the Billboard Hot100 for a K-pop solo debut.
28. According to a 2018 study of 269 male faces by an anonymous plastic surgeon, Jin best represents the “golden ratio” of 1:1,618 in terms of facial features. This exact proportion between the chin, hairline and ears is the masculine ideal.
29. Jin is known as the Idol of manners in K-Pop due to his polite and courteous behavior. He is charming and outgoing, shy and romantic; extremely wise and skillful; He has many talents and that is why he is also called ‘Son-in-law of Korea’.
30. In 2018, he bought food, blankets, and plates and gave them to the Korean Animal Welfare Association on his birthday. She also donated 321 kg of food to Korea Animal Rights Advocates (KARA), another Korean non-profit group dedicated to animal welfare. She has also been contributing monthly to UNICEF Korea since May 2018. She is easily one of the kindest souls in the world.
Before leaving for military service, Jin shaved his head and posted a selca on Weverse with the legend “Hahaha. It’s cuter than I expected.”
Jin’s military enlistment is scheduled to end on June 12, 2024, as according to law, all able-bodied men must serve 18 to 21 months in the military. Although Armys will miss the fun, talented, respectful and kind superstar, they are also proud of him for serving her and will eagerly await her return in 2024.