The popular messaging application WhatsApp has become the latest platform to introduce avatars. An avatar is a personalized animated representation of a user, often used in social media or video game profile pictures.
Meta has rolled out WhatsApp Avatar settings globally with the latest update and all users can now create their own avatars. The feature is available for iOS and Android users. Here is a guide on WhatsApp avatars and the steps to create them.
What is an avatar?
An Avatar is a digital graphic representation of a person, usually inspired by their real-life characteristics.
Avatars are widely used in video games and on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Reddit, and Snapchat. They can be used as custom stickers or in profile photos.
Avatars are a fun way to represent yourself digitally and allow users the freedom to express themselves freely online.
How to create a WhatsApp avatar?
WhatsApp Avatar feature is only available with the latest update. So, the first step to create a WhatsApp avatar is to update your WhatsApp.
Now follow the steps below to create your WhatsApp avatar.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and go to settings > click on the three dots icon.
- Select the Avatar option from the menu > Create your Avatar > Start
- Customize your avatar by choosing a skin tone, hairstyle, eyebrows, etc. > click DONE once you’re done.
- Once your avatar is saved, select one of two options: Browse Sticker or Create Profile Photo.
– Browse Stickers option shows a preview of the stickers created from the chosen avatar
– Create Profile Picture option can be used to select one of the stickers as your WhatsApp profile picture.
How to use the WhatsApp Avatar as stickers in the chat?
Once your WhatsApp avatar is saved, it is automatically transported to your WhatsApp keyboard.
- To use them as stickers, open a chat.
- There will be a new option in addition to the stickers icon.
- Choose from a variety of stickers and avatar reactions.
The WhatsApp avatar feature is easily editable and you can modify or delete it at any time.
Read also | Autochat window: WhatsApp’s new update allows users to message themselves, know how
Read also | Technical Guide: What is the WhatsApp Contact Card and how to share it?
Read also | Tech Guide: What is the new WhatsApp View Text Once feature and how to use it?