Vijay Diwas 2022: Celebrated on December 16 to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war. On that day, India had won the war against Pakistan after fighting for 13 days. The head of Pakistan’s forces, General Amir Abdullah Khan Niazi, surrendered to the Indian Army after his defeat in the war.
Let us not forget the sacrifice of the intrepid soldiers who fought in the war. Here we provide some quotes, messages, wishes etc. Patriotic to share with family and friends.
Vijay Diwas 2022: Quotes
1. “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” -Gilbert K. Chesterton
2. “This nation will remain the land of the free only as long as it is the home of the brave.” -Elmer Davis
3. “He loves his country more who strives to improve it.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
4. “May the sun in its course not visit a land freer, happier, more beautiful than this our homeland!” – Senator Daniel Webster
5. “On the battlefield, the military is committed to leaving no soldier behind. As a nation, make it our commitment that when you return home, we leave no veteran behind.” -Dan Lipinski
6. “Good soldiers are defined by what they can endure, not by what they can inflict.” -Gregory David Roberts
7. “Those who kept the faith and fought the battle; their glory, our duty.” -Wallace Bruce
8. “No man is entitled to the benefits of liberty unless he is attentive to its preservation.” – General Douglas MacArthur
9. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
10. “A hero is someone who has given their life for something bigger than themselves.” -Jose Campbell
11. “Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.” – Lucius Anneeus Seneca
12. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and be more, you are a leader.” -John Quincy Adams
13. “The brave never die, even if they sleep in the dust: their courage makes a thousand living men nervous.” – Minot J. Savage
14. “The blood of the patriot is the seed of the tree of liberty.” -Thomas Campbell
15. “We sleep peacefully in our beds at night only because rude men are willing to do violence in our name.” -George Orwell
16. “Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
17. “No guts, no glory.” – Major General Frederick C. Blesse
18. “Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we’re lucky to have them, because they do the fighting. Ah, but one, one is a warrior, and he will bring back the others.” – Heraclitus
19. “Cowards die many times before they die; “The brave never taste death more than once.” – William Shakespeare
20. “The Army is the true nobility of our country.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
READ| Vijay Diwas 2021: Know the history and significance of the day here
Vijay Diwas 2022: Wishes and Messages
1. In the face of impossible adversities, people who love this country can change it. Happy Vijay Diwas! Jai Hind!
2. Vijay Diwas, a day to remember the brave efforts and sacrifices of the Indian Armed Forces. Jai Hind!
3. Salute to the brave Indian soldiers who gave their lives for the country, its land and its people. Vijay Diwas 2022!
4. On Vijay Diwas, we salute our national heroes! Jai Hind Vande Mataram. Happy Vijay Diwas 2022!
5. Thousands gave their lives so that our country can breathe on this day – Never forget their sacrifice. Jai Hind!
6. I salute all the brave soldiers of the Indian Army who laid down their lives fighting for our nation. Vijay Diwas 2022!
7. Saying hello to India! Where every bud blooms with its true colors, where every day is a celebration of Unity, Harmony and Synthesis. Happy Vijay Diwas!
8. Victory is not cheap, we also had to carry some coffins… A tribute to the martyrs of India. Happy Vijay Diwas 2022!
9. People will forever remember the martyrs; This will be the mark of those who perish in the country. Vijay Diwas 2022!
10. You have never lived to almost die, and for those who choose to fight, life has a special flavor, those protected will never know. Vijay Diwas 2022!
11. True heroes don’t have a name on the back of their jersey. They carry the flag of their country. Thank you true heroes of India!
12. “The enemy is only 50 meters from us. We are greatly outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I will not retreat an inch, but I will fight to our last man and our last round.” Happy Vijay Diwas 2022!
13. I pay tribute to the brave Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives for India during the war. Happy Vijay Diwas 2021!
14. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Vijay Diwas 2022!
15. Our flag does not fly because it is moved by the wind, it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it. Vijay Diwas 2022!
READ| What were the reasons behind the Indo-Pakistan war and its effects?
Vijay Diwas 2022: Slogans
1. Let the journey begin
2. Whoever dares, wins.
3. Your country needs you.
4. Discipline is the heart of an armed force.
5. 1 bullet = 1 enemy
6. My head is always high
7. Look good, be smart, go to the army!
8. Discipline is the soul of an army
9. Never back down
10. A secure army is better than a secure border
Vijay Diwas 2022: Poems honoring those who serve
The call to duty
It sends a call to duty and a strong and brave response. They do it for the love of the country, so there is never a need to ask why.
They leave behind everything they love, their families, their homes, and their lives, because preserving these precious things is the goal every soldier strives for.
So God bless our troops, the brave women and men, who fight to make sure the bells of freedom ring again.
By Kelly Roper
How do you measure the sacrifice of a soldier?
Female soldier; Copyright Elliot Burlingham on Dreamstime.com How do you measure a soldier’s sacrifice? Is it because of the number of friends and family left behind? Is it because of the months or years of service?
How do you measure a soldier’s courage? Is it the number of objectives completed, or the number of bullets dodged or missions completed?
How do you measure a soldier’s honor? Is it because of the duty he volunteers for or the number of medals earned?
The simple truth is that these things are immeasurable, as is this country’s debt to all who serve and pay the price for freedom in this land.
By Kelly Roper
The ultimate sacrifice
The ultimate sacrifice is to give one’s life for God, family and country. Countless soldiers have gone into battle, knowing that they would not return to their loved ones and may never rest in their homeland. However, they took the risk. They fought hard until the end and hoped their efforts would turn the tide towards victory. They made the ultimate sacrifice for their fellow soldiers, for their country, for you and for me. May God bless you eternally.
By Kelly Roper
a brave soldier
In his heart he has courage, in his hands, he holds our lives. He may be a brave soldier, but only on the front lines. He is weakened by all the death, his souls hold him back. Because he knows in this In battle, hate rules one’s goal. He doesn’t fight hate, but he fights for their lives. Because he knows that hate has no value when there are so many dead.
As he lies in death, knowing it will come, he looks up to heaven and makes peace with all he has done. Because on the battlefield, life is as precious as gold. And one must always choose whether he is friend or foe. He closes His eyes and hopes in his death no more victims will fall. But, in his heart, he knows that his country will one day call him. For a brave soldier to take the front line and lay down his life there like him, he just hopes everyone is. content knowing that he will always be a brave soldier.
By Raquel Fogle
READ| Important days and dates in December 2022