Pokémon Sun and Moon is offering a new gift: the Mewnium Z item, a Z Crystal to give Mew his Z Move Genesis Supernova, to celebrate the arrival of the latest Pokémon Bank update.
Although it’s a freebie, you must be a paid Pokémon Bank subscriber before the event deadline of October 2, 2017 to get it. It requires a few simple steps to install it in your game, as well as a few caveats about where to use it.
How to get Mew in Pokémon Sun and Moon
Before you can use your Mewnium Z, the question is: where can you get a Mew? Unlike the game’s previous gift, which provided a Munchlax along with a Snorlium Z, this gift does not come with its corresponding Pokémon, especially one of the mythical type.
The answer is that if you don’t already have one from older versions of the game, you might not get one anytime soon. Last year, Mew was gifted for the franchise’s 20th anniversary to X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, as well as a very limited gift at a Pokémon Sun and Moon launch event for Red, Blue Virtual Console users. and Yellow.
If you managed to get a Mew in any of those events, use the Pokémon Bank to transfer the creature. Otherwise, fingers crossed for another event in the near future!
How to get Mewnium Z and Mew Z Move Genesis Supernova in Pokémon Sun and Moon
1) Turn on the Nintendo 3DS, start Pokémon Bank, and press Start to connect to the Internet.
2) Next, select “Use Pokémon Bank.” You will then receive a message telling you that as part of being a valued member, you will receive the item.
3) Save and disconnect from the Internet by returning to the menu. Now load up your copy of Pokémon Sun or Moon and start the game.
4) Travel to a Pokémon Center and there will be a man in a yellow and blue striped shirt just to the left of the counter. Talk to him and you will receive the gift of a Mewnium Z.
Do you need more advice? Use our Pokémon Sun and Moon walkthrough and guide for the main story, our competitive training guide for information on IV, EV training, hypertraining and bottle cap farming, and breeding explained, our pick for the best starter Pokémon from Pokémon Sun and Moon by Rowlet. Litten and Popplio, as well as a progressing list of where to find Zygarde Cells and Cores and our guide to the Battle Tree and Battles and Trading in Festival Plaza. We also have a list of QR codes, Z Crystal locations, Mega Stone locations, Eevium Z Eevee user locations for Extreme Evoboost, evolutions for Alolan Forms and other new Pokémon Sun and Moon and a quick way to increase the happiness of a Pokémon, plus how to transfer through Ash-Greninja from the Sun and Moon demo, where to catch Tapu Guardians, how to catch Ultra Beasts, and how to download Munchlax’s Mystery Gift.
Things you should know about the Mewnium Z giveaway in Pokémon Sun and Moon
- Mewnium Z is only available for Pokémon Sun and Moon, which means you won’t be able to download it in X and Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire.
- If you own multiple editions of the Sun and Moon games, you can only download one Mewnium Z, so choose your copy wisely.
- The Mewnium ZZ Crystal, required for Z Move ‘Genesis Supernova’, is only available for Mew. Our Pokémon Sun and Moon Z Crystal locations explain more about how they work and where to find others in the game.
- Remember, there’s an October 2, 2017 deadline to download Mewnium Z to your copy of the game, and there are also plenty of other freebies that come and go, like Mew’s Close Relationship, the Mega Stones download code from Mewtwo. .