National Energy Conservation Day 2022: Celebrated annually on December 14. India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) implemented the Energy Conservation Act in 2001. The Ministry of Power is celebrating Energy Conservation Week from December 9 to 14, 2022 under the massive BEE campaign. Within the framework of the celebrations, the CPSU of Power carried out several activities.
विद्युत मंत्रालय के साथ ऊर्जा संरक्षण दिवस मन ायें और उज्ज्वल भविष्य हेतु ऊर्जा संरक्षण का स ंकल्प लें।#ऊर्जा_संरक्षण #पर्यावरण_संरक्षण #ऊर्जा_संरक्षण_दिवस #विद्युत_मंत्रालय #scrub pic.twitter.com/CZkYk3pmHm
— Ministry of Energy (@MinOfPower)
December 14, 2022
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) is a constitutional body working under the Government of India and helps in developing policies and strategies to reduce energy usage. The objective of the Indian Energy Conservation Act is to appoint professional, qualified and energetic administrators and auditors who have experience in policy formulation, financial management and implementation of energy related projects.
READ| National Energy Conservation Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Slogans, Themes, Awards and More
What is energy conservation?
The real meaning of energy conservation is to avoid unnecessary use of energy and use at least energy so that energy sources can be saved for future uses. For energy conservation plans to be most effective, all people should include energy conservation in their behavior.
Towards a modern energy sector!
— Ministry of Energy (@MinOfPower)
December 13, 2022
What are the measures for energy conservation?
– Every person can save energy by eliminating unnecessary use of fans, lights, heaters or other electrical instruments used in their daily life. It is the easiest and most effective way to save additional energy, which can play an important role in the National Energy Conservation Campaign.
– Fossil fuels, crude oil, coal, natural gas, etc. They generate enough energy to use in daily life, but their demand increases day by day, raising fears of a lack of natural resources in the future. Therefore, to conserve energy, we must use renewable energy resources instead of non-renewable energy resources.
– In many countries, the government charges an energy tax or carbon tax to make energy conservation effective. With this tax, which taxes high energy consumption, energy use has been reduced and user awareness of the limited use of energy has increased.
List of environment and ecology legislation in India
- People should be aware that more light bulbs in the workplace lead to various problems such as tension, headache, blood pressure and fatigue, and decrease workers’ work efficiency. However, with natural light, the work efficiency level of workers increases and energy consumption also decreases.
- In 1977, the Indian government created the Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) to promote energy conservation in people’s daily lives. This is a big step taken by the Government of India towards energy conservation. Apart from this, in 2001, the Government of India created another government organization called Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) for better energy efficiency and protection.
- Electrical energy can be saved by avoiding water waste by using a timer on tankers.
- Energy can be saved by using LED bulbs instead of a CFL or 100-watt bulb.
- We must always use ISI marked electrical instruments.
- Social arrangements such as marriage and religious activities must be carried out during the day.
- Use maximum sunlight during the day and keep unnecessary fans, lights and air conditioning closed.
- For public lighting in residential complexes, a Photoelectric Control switch must be used.
- After construction of the buildings, we can protect them from being hit by covering the available part of the plot with trees/vines. As a result, those living in the buildings will have to use at least one fan, refrigerator, air conditioner, etc.
- Use light colors on the inner surface of the walls of the room. In this way, a room can be adequately illuminated using low-consumption lighting devices.
- By using a solar water heater instead of a geyser to heat water and a solar cooker to cook food, we protect valuable electrical energy and can become partners in the national interest. If you use a geyser, use it for a minimum period of time. To do this, you must take care of the temperature setting of the thermostat and timer.
Why do we celebrate National Energy Conservation Day on December 14?
How is National Energy Conservation Day celebrated?
In India, many energy conservation competitions are organized by the government and other organizations to make national energy conservation campaigns more effective and special. On energy conservation day, various painting competitions are organized at school, state, regional or national levels. Students who participate and win in the contest are honored by the Ministry of Energy in the National Energy Conservation Day program on December 14.
Goals of National Energy Conservation Day
– National Energy Conservation Day is celebrated every year with a special theme to make some goals and objectives more influential among people.
– It is celebrated among people to send messages of the importance of energy conservation in all areas of life.
– Promote the process of energy conservation by organizing numerous programs such as debates, conferences, debates, workshops and competitions throughout the country.
– Encourage people to use less energy instead of excessive and extravagant energy.
– Encourage people to reduce energy consumption and use it efficiently.
Ultimately, it can be said that our scientists are committed to the discovery and development of new and alternative energy resources. But it is our duty to understand the importance of energy and become aware of its conservation. We must always try not to waste energy.