National Book Lover’s Day is celebrated each year on August 9 to honor the love of reading and the importance of books in our lives. This day celebrates the power of books to transport us to new worlds, teach us new things, and connect with others.
This day is a fantastic opportunity for bibliophiles to show their love of books in a variety of ways and encourage others to spend some time away from screens and enjoy reading books. The history of Book Lovers’ Day is still unknown, but the history of the book is long and fascinating.
According to Days of the Year, the first books were made from stone tablets, which were heavy and difficult to transport. To make books more portable, people began to use materials such as parchment and vellum (calfskin). These materials were lightweight and could be easily rolled or folded.
The first books were bound with wooden covers. Wooden decks were often wrapped in leather to protect them from the elements. Some books also had clasps or straps to keep them closed.
In the Eastern world, as early as AD 220, blocks of carved wood were used to print texts on cloth. This printing method was called block printing. Block printing was a slow and laborious process, but it enabled the mass production of books for the first time.
The invention of the printing press in the 15th century revolutionized the book industry. The printing press made it possible to print books much faster and cheaper than ever before. This sparked a boom in the publishing industry and made books more accessible to people from all walks of life.
On Book Lovers Day, here are 7 tips to read and complete the books that you have been keeping on your shelf for a long time:
- Choose books that interest you: What interests you? Do you like historical fiction, fantasy, mystery, romance, or something else? Choose a book that matches your interests. This will help keep your interest in the book.
- Set aside time each day to read: It’s important to set aside time each day to read, even if it’s just 30 minutes. This will help you make reading a habit and you’ll be more likely to stick with it. If you only read when you have a lot of free time, you’re less likely to read as often. Some people like to read in the morning, while others prefer to read at night. Experiment with different times of the day to see when you are most likely to be able to focus on your reading.
- Turn off your phone and other distractions – This is the most important step. Your phone is the biggest distraction when you’re trying to read. If you can, put your phone in another room or turn it off completely. If there are other devices in your room, you can also turn them off to focus on the book you’re reading.
- Set Reading Goals: Setting reading goals can help you stay motivated and on track with your reading. You can set goals for the number of books you want to read in a year, the amount of time you want to read each day, or even the types of books you want to read. Setting measurable goals can help you a lot.
- Join a book club or discussion group – this can be a great way to meet other people who love to read. You make new friends and connect with people who share your interests.
In conclusion, National Book Lover’s Day is an amazing opportunity to show your love for books and develop the habit of reading books. There are many practical tips that you can follow to read and complete more books. By following these tips, you can make reading a more enjoyable and rewarding experience.