Modern Warfare Season 3 introduces a number of new updates, including new Operator and Quads modes in Warzone.
Additionally, new multiplayer maps, weapons, and a new Battle Pass are also coming, which Warzone also shares.
This page explains the Modern Warfare Warzone patch notes as part of the latest Modern Warfare update.
In this page:
Modern Warfare Warfare Season 3 Roadmap
With the addition of Season 3 to Modern Warfare comes a host of new additions, changes, and features. This includes:
- Quad mode in Warzone, supporting teams of four players.
- New operators, including Alex from the campaign, who now has a prosthetic leg, at launch, plus Ronin and Iksra later in the season.
- New maps in Modern Warfare multiplayer, including the return of Modern Warfare’s Backlot (called Talisk Backlot), as well as Hovec Sawmill and Aniyah Incursion.
- New maps later in the season: Hardhat and Gunfight Aisle 9 map
- Two new weapons in Modern Warfare multiplayer: SKS and Renetti, and one more later in the season.
- New vehicle skins in Warzone
- New multiplayer modes later in the season: Gun Game Reloaded and Reinfected Ground War
- Season 3 Battle Pass with 100 tiers of new unlocks, including weapon blueprints and COD Points.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® and Warzone – Season 3 Trailer
Modern Warfare Patch Notes: What was introduced in the Modern Warfare Season 3 update
And here are the patch notes for the update, copied verbatim from developer Infinity Ward:
- Reduced the maximum amount of XP and score awarded for Decoy Grenade assists.
- Backend fixes to help with memory error 13-71 issues. If you continue to experience this error, please contact Activision customer support.
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present on the squad walk in the multiplayer main menu.
- As a regiment owner, players could sometimes see an error when selecting another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to skip scenes in the campaign while using keyboard and mouse controls.
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes not see other players’ clan tags in the social menu after restarting the app or power cycling.
- Fixed an issue where some players could encounter graphical corruptions, causing their screen to have a black “shadow” following them. This has been fixed
- Fixed an area in Saint Petrograd that was collision-free and allowing the reconnaissance drone to fly out of bounds.
- Fixed a bug that caused clan tags to appear twice.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from talking to their team in a custom match if they changed teams after the match had started.
- Reduced the volume of aircraft audio during infiltration.
- Lowered the audio once you enter the Gulag.
- Reduced the volume of far and distant weapons occluded.
- Some footsteps sounds while ADS and crouching were shortened in the distance they could be heard, depending on the type of surface.
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of the EBR could outperform the base version of the same weapon.
- Players with the “Cherry Blossom” variant of the Akimbo guns could have broken animations while ADSing on stairs. This has been fixed
- When firing a smoke grenade with the underbarrel 40mm smokescreen launcher, the grenade did not emit any smoke. This has been fixed
- Attaching the sniper scope to the MK2 carbine while in the gun rack would reveal a dull white lens. This has been fixed.
- Adjusted shot extension on Slug 6-R magazines for the 680 model.
- Akimbo weapons now start with 2 additional ammo magazines instead of 1.
- Adjusted hip extension on the VLK Rogue shotgun.
- Decreased ADS spread for shotgun shells
- Added bullet descriptions noting that longer barrels and chokes improve ADS accuracy.
- Updated weapon names to match weapon logos
- 725: “FTAC Balance” renamed to “Cronen Balance”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger”
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4″ Arcángel” renamed to “Tempus 26.4″ Arcángel”
- Added on-screen text to warn when a player’s vehicle is damaged.
- Operation Headhunter: fix for an error that could occur after launching the drone
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed a bug where the minimap could overlap objectives on the screen.
- Fall damage is now the same in Co-Op as it is in Warzone
Warzone Season 5 is almost here! If you want to know more about the firepower of the above, we explain the best Welgun load, the best Cooper Carbine load, the best Gorenko anti-tank rifle load, the best STG44 load, the best MP40 load, the best automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best combat shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout and best Kar98k loadouts.
- Now we tell you how far you are from your teammates during a match
- Fixed gas mask animation interrupting and blocking players from deploying their parachute.
- Various exploit fixes
- Fixed a bug where players could not revive their teammates after being interrupted during the initial revive animation.
- Fixed a bug where vehicles could kill players without being close to the player.
- Fixed an issue that could display the incorrect rank on the screen after the player’s game app had been suspended and reopened.
- Fixed an issue where deploying a reconnaissance drone was using VO lines for a personal radar. That VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where players could become invincible if they were knocked down while changing seats in a Tac Rover.
- While observing a player in the Gulag, the option to redeploy your teammate will appear on the screen, even if they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player watches the winning team of a BR match, the after-action report will show the winning team’s score in the scoreboard tab. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a shield turret on a teammate could kill them.
- Fixed a bug where players could not swap the M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder tutorial.
- Fix for players unable to auto revive in Solos
- Loadout Drop price increase within Buy Station to $10,000
- Removed blood splatter and screen shake when punched in the Gulag waiting room.
- Removed the loss column from the BR leaderboard and replaced it with the top 10.
- Fixed issue with ending circles occurring out of bounds or in unwanted areas.
- Fixed issue where armor plates and killstreaks could not be used under certain conditions.
- Various fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability.