Guardian Rank is a new way to level up that unlocks once you complete Borderlands 3’s main story.
Leveling up your Guardian Rank will allow you to invest in a variety of bonus stats, giving you an advantage over your enemies, especially if you play Mayhem mode.
In addition to bonus stats, you can also receive special rewards if you invest enough Guardian Tokens into a specific set of bonus stats.
In this page:
Let’s play Borderlands 3: What is hard cheese?
What is Guardian Rank in Borderlands 3?
Guardian Rank is an additional way to level up that is unlocked once you have completed the main story of Borderlands 3.
The purple Guardian Rank experience bar will appear above the regular experience bar.
You’ll receive Guardian Rank experience every time you complete a side quest, complete a challenge, kill an enemy, or do anything else that rewards you with experience in Borderlands 3.
When the experience bar fills up, you will get a Guardian Token.
You can spend Guardian Token to increase bonus stats.
Guardian Rank Bonus Stats Explained
The bonus stats you can spend your Guardian Tokens on are divided into three sets, each of which has a different focus.
There are three different sets of bonus stats you can spend your Guardian Token on:
- Enforcer: Focuses on damage-based stats.
- Survivor: Focuses on defensive stats.
- Hunter: Focuses on improving combat statistics.
Every time you earn a Guardian Token, you’ll be able to choose between two random stats from each set.
Choose Wisely: You can only choose one stat per guardian token.
Below you will find the complete list of bonus statistics for each set:
- Weapon damage
- Critical damage
- Grenade damage
- Weapon firing speed
- Melee Damage
- Damage to vehicle
- Maximum health
- Shield recharge rate
- Shield capacity
- FFYL Movement Speed (Fight for Your Life)
- FFYL (Fight for Your Life) Duration
- Shield recharge delay
- Action Skill Cooldown
- Luck (uncommon drop rate)
- Recoil reduction
- Reload speed
Borderlands 3 has arrived! Check out our skill tree guides for Amara, Fl4k, Moze, and Zane.
If you’re looking for more challenges to complete, check out our guides on Dead Claptraps, Broadcast Towers, Eridian Writing, Hijack Targets, Legendary Hunts, and Typhon Logs and Typhon Dead Drops. For easy rewards, check out our Borderlands 3 Shift Codes and VIP Codes page.
Once you’ve finished Borderlands 3, visit our guides on Guardian Rank and Rewards, Mayhem Mode, and True Vault Hunter Mode to learn more about what you unlock after the game.
Guardian Rewards in Borderlands 3 Explained
You can keep track of how many Guardian Tokens you have invested in each set of bonus stats using this screen.
Guardian Rewards are additional rewards you can receive by spending your Guardian Tokens.
Each bonus stat set has its own collection of Guardian rewards, including new passive abilities and cosmetic items.
You unlock each reward by investing a specific amount of Guardian Token into a set of bonus stats.
For example, if you wanted to unlock the Leather and Regret weapon skill, then you would have to select an additional stat from the survivor set 10 times in a row.
Below you will find the complete list of Guardian rewards for each bonus stat set:
- Red Sands Weapon Skin: 10 Tokens
- Inner Fury – Adds 10% weapon damage to all shots while fighting for your life – 15 tokens
- Overkill: Excess damage from a kill is added to your next shot: 25 tokens
- Urban Blammo Player Skin – 35 Tokens
- CC-Combo: Increases weapon damage by 2% for 1 second per shot – 50 tokens
- Hollow Point: Killing an enemy with a critical hit causes an explosion around them – 75 tokens
- Leather and Regret Weapon Skill: 10 Tokens
- Resilient – Recover from Fight For Your Life with full health and shields – 15 tokens
- Dead Man’s Hand – Removes aiming penalties and allows aiming down sights during Fight for Your Life – 25 tokens
- Hex Bolt Player Skin: 35 Tokens
- Shield Reset: Killing an enemy triggers shield regeneration – 50 tokens
- Emergency Response: Improves shield reload delay and speed based on missing health: 75 tokens
- Dead Set Weapon Skin: 10 Tokens
- Bullet Collector: Ammo pickups provide 15% bonus ammo: 15 tokens
- Tag and Frag: Regenerate a grenade every 10 kills: 25 tokens
- Burning Shiny Player Skin: 35 Tokens
- Completed: Action Skill Cooldown Rate Increases While Using Full Shields: 50 Tokens
- Treasure Hunter – Increases luck for 10 seconds after each kill – 75 tokens